Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »Dismiss Notice
Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.Dismiss Notice
Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.Dismiss Notice
- Last Activity:
- Nov 24, 2019 at 1:05 PM
- Feb 16, 2019
- Trophy Points:
- Positive ratings received:
- Jan 1, 1992 (Age: 28)
Share This Page
Well-Known Member, Male, 28
- charlie000 was last seen:
- Nov 24, 2019
- Jan 1, 1992 (Age: 28)
Weight: 99KG | 217LBS | 16 Stone
Weight: 84.5KG | 186LBS | 13 Stone
Start weight: 899KG | 217LBS | 16 Stone
Current weight: 84.5KG | 186LBS | 13 Stone
Next target weight: 80KG | 176LBS | 12 Stone
A few things to note:
- The HbA1C of 105 in February is not 100%. There is reason to believe that this was an error, because of my finger prick readings over a few months. I did regular tests for fasting, before eating and after eating.
- I believe I was pre-diabetic, but 105 is not pre-diabetic.
- My wake up blood glucose is never over 5.2mmol, and is usually 4.5mmol - 4.8mmol
- My sleep blood glucose is always around 4.6mmol - 5.0mmol
- My fasting BG is always under 4.8mmol
- My diet consists of of real food (meat, chicken, fish and a lot of veg). I follow a Type 2 Diabetic lifestyle, and eat Low carb, with a lot of intermittent fasting, mostly OMAD. I eat when I am hungry. I have removed grains, and other high carb food from my diet. I eat a lot of Fat. I do treat myself with treats such as biscuits, but these are always small, and are no more than 10g in carbs, but usually 4g in carbs. I used to eat lot of carbs, a lot of sugar (possibly around 300g + a day, now it's no more than 25g, but usually no more than 12g). I have completely stopped sugary drinks on a regular basis. However, I will have a very small glass of Ribena, or other squash WITH A MEAL. My last sugary drink was at the start of June (about 3 small gulps) - got a free Ribena.
- My lifestyle. I have a sedentary job, I do not move around much most days, always sat at the computer. However, I go to the gym 3 times a week minimum, and on other days, I am currently doing COUCH TO 5K, which gets me around 60 mins of cardiovascular exercise per week. I drive less, only when I need to do a lot of shopping, otherwise its on foot and public transport. At the gym I do heavy weight lifting, but decreased at the moment due to a shoulder injury. I do not smoke. I am a teetotaler.
- I drink a lot of tea, no more milk, use cream instead, lower carb. Probably have 3 cups of tea a day. One in the morning, another with my main meal, and then one later on.
- My current problems are: My weight (I need to lose a lot of body fat) and sleep issues. Going through a relationship breakdown.