• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Recent Content by JamesMS

  1. J

    How I manage my Type 2 diabetes

    One main aim for me when I was prescribed metformin and later dapagliflozin was to reduce my need for medication and get off them. It was also suggested I might need insulin and medication to reduce cholesterol and possibly blood pressure. Once my weight had dropped considerably my blood tests...
  2. J

    How I manage my Type 2 diabetes

    I used to have fasting BG of about 8 over a year ago and knew that my HbA1c would be bad, but didn't expect 113. I experimented with low carbohydrate and low glycemic index foods, cut out cheese to lower my cholesterol (which worked), exercised a lot and fasted a few times for about 60 hours. I...
  3. J

    How I manage my Type 2 diabetes

    I think that exercise and weight loss combined with occasional fasting and use of a CGM are the keys for me. I finished a 36 hour fast 5 days ago and my BG has been trending lower according to my CGM. I have used fingerstick testing to check, in case the CGM is faulty, but the fingerstick...
  4. J

    How I manage my Type 2 diabetes

    I haven't fasted for months and decided to try it again last weekend. I started the fast after breakfast at 9:30 and had a salad at 21:30 36 hours later. During the evening my CGM kept falling gently, then alarmed many times through the night, since it read well below the low threshold of 3.8...
  5. J

    How I manage my Type 2 diabetes

    I was diagnosed with T2 about 18 months ago, after HbA1c of 113. Within a year it was 39 and now 43. I have fasted a few times for 48 to 64 hours, breaking the last one when my BGL kept falling. I couldn't see any benefit to continuing. I am fasting at the moment and will continue until 48...
  6. J

    Should I be worried with these LibreLink Readings? Type 2

     Some CGMs are set to give readings lower than others, the Libre2 plus seems to be one of these. I get readings like yours, especially during the night. Fasting gives really low readings for me, sometimes the Libre2 plus displays less than 3.0, but a fingerstick shows I am not hypoglycemic...
  7. J

    High blood sugar

    I noticed my heart having a few beats, then a pause, then repeating. I wasn't really concerned, since that has happened after drinking before. This time I looked up the condition and learned it is an ectopic heartbeat and can be caused by alchohol and coffee consumption and low electrolytes...
  8. J

    Is remission from T2 diabetes possible

    I hope you are able to bring your HbA1C down again. Because I accomplished a big reduction in average BGL 18 years ago I decided to work towards the same goal once more. Because the Libre2+ gives readings every minute, I use it during exercise to monitor drops in glucose and similarly rises...
  9. J

    Is remission from T2 diabetes possible

    I can only describe my own experiences and feel the answer to your question must be, at least from me, yes. Eighteen years ago age 50 my BGL was 35 when I measured it using my mother's meter. My GP did not immediately suggest medication. After 2 weeks of thrice daily runs for an hour and changes...
  10. J

    Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions

    - What is your name?  James - How old are you? 68 - Are you male or female? Male - Which country are you from? UK - Which city/area do you live in? Hampshire - Are you religious? Not at all - Pick three words to describe your personality. Calm, Empathetic, Curious - Do you have any pets? 2 Jack...
Back
Top