• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Recent Content by Lakeslover

  1. Lakeslover

    About to get a CGM

    I think the libre is only licensed to wear on the back of the arm although I have read of some people on here trying it elsewhere. I wear mine on my arm and the only time it’s on show is if I have a sleeveless top on, or if I’m swimming. Even a t shirt covers it. I’ve only ever had two people...
  2. Lakeslover

    Latest Hba1c

    Well done.
  3. Lakeslover

    Hi I’m julieclarke I’ve joined to find out more about T2 diabetes

    I’m having roast chicken tonight.
  4. Lakeslover

    Colour

    Hi, You can email suggestions for improving the forum to this address mailto:[email protected]
  5. Lakeslover

    Stews

    Mods would like to remind everyone that the OP is newly on insulin, and to be aware of cross posting. Any major changes to diet such as a move to very low carb eating are best discussed with a medical professional to ensure insulin doses and regime are matched to these changes. Regards from...
  6. Lakeslover

    Moderator reminder on the use of AI.

    Dear all, Yet again we are seeing an increasing number of posts which contain AI information. Whilst we can’t stop anyone using AI to find information it is against the forum rules to post any AI generated information. This content is neither direct personal experience nor a recognised and...
  7. Lakeslover

    Stews

    Hi, A couple of questions which might help our members give you advice. Did your doctor take you off Gliclazide and Metformin because your blood sugars were still high? What type of insulin (s) are you on. Fixed doses or varying according to what you eat? Do you know what your HbA1c was at...
  8. Lakeslover

    Please could anyone advise Regarding high glucose?

    Thanks @KennyA How are you @noidea21 ? Have your sugars come down now? Are you on fixed doses of your fast acting insulin or do you carb count? Sliced bread eaten with not much fat or protein is definitely one thing which can raise my blood sugars quickly and very high. On the rare occasion I...
  9. Lakeslover

    Hi I’m julieclarke I’ve joined to find out more about T2 diabetes

    Happy anniversary. Have a lovely day.
  10. Lakeslover

    Faulty Libre 2 Plus sensors?

    I agree contact Abbott and get replacements. Otherwise the nhs are picking up the bill instead of the company.
  11. Lakeslover

    Taking care of my diabetes while I’m at my daycare

    It’s not unreasonable for the centre to want to know the levels. As @Jodes 7 says the centre have a duty of care to her and would get into trouble if something happened and they hadn’t been aware of the possibility of a hypo or hyper.
  12. Lakeslover

    Strawberry / Raspberry Jam

    Unfortunately it still spikes his blood sugar. There is an online firm selling low carb sourdough which I like.
  13. Lakeslover

    Strawberry / Raspberry Jam

    I did buy some good good jam for my husband who is prediabetic. He liked it, but I can’t persuade him to use low carb bread, so he ended up having it on normal bread with the expected blood sugar spikes from the bread. I stopped buying it!
  14. Lakeslover

    Faulty Libre 2 Plus sensors?

    It must be something to do with skin type I think. I find the 2+ is much better for sticking than the 2. I used to have to cover the 2 with a patch (I used Tegaderm) to make it stick on the full 14 days. But the 2+ sticks to me very well, without a patch I haven’t lost a single one.
Back
Top