• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Recent Content by niblue

  1. N

    Fasting Blood Sugar this morning + yesterday's food AND physical activity

    6.7 this morning. Exercise: 5.5km walk with the Obi dog at lunchtime, 10km run in the evening Food: Small steak pie for lunch, sausage casserole with mashed turnip for dinner, some peanuts for snacks
  2. N

    Weekly weigh in - Fridays

    77.6kg again this week - so no change in the last few weeks, BMI still at 25.3 - really need to put some effort into getting that under 25.
  3. N

    Running (10k+) and Type 2 Diabetes - Experiences

    I've done a few 5 mile runs now as well as one 10K, but to give myself some focus I've entered the Edinburgh half-marathon next year. I last ran that in 2017 (my one and only half to date) and I'm hoping to improve my (very slow!) time from then. I think I've got a fueling regime sorted out but...
  4. N

    Weekly weigh in - Fridays

    77.6kg again this week - so no change from last Friday, BMI still at 25.3 - really need to put some effort into getting that under 25.
  5. N

    Fasting Blood Sugar this morning + yesterday's food AND physical activity

    6.3 this morning. Exercise was a 5km walk with the dog at lunchtime, then a 5km run in the evening. I had a protein shake for lunch, a banana about an hour before the run. Dinner was a chicken tagine followed by some berries and Greek yoghurt plus some peanuts for snacks.
  6. N

    Running (10k+) and Type 2 Diabetes - Experiences

    I decided to try a faster paced 5K run last night, to get some idea of where my running fitness is at. I was hoping for around the 30 minute mark but managed to go a bit faster at 29:05. Still not fast, but that's the first time I've run a 5K in under 30 minutes since 2017, so quite pleased with...
  7. N

    Running (10k+) and Type 2 Diabetes - Experiences

    I'm continuing to ramp up my exercise levels and seem to be getting good results using the OTE energy bar/flapjacks. On Tuesday I did a 20+ mile walk with the dog into the heart of the Cairngorms and for that I didn't take anything for the first couple of hours then took half of one of the OTE...
  8. N

    Fasting Blood Sugar this morning + yesterday's food AND physical activity

    5.9 this morning. I did a 5km walk with the dog at lunchtime and a 1 hour/5-mile run in the evening. No lunch or breakfast although I did eat half of an OTE energy bar half an hour before the run. Dinner was lemon sole in breadcrumbs with cauliflower hash-browns and broccoli and then later...
  9. N

    Weekly weigh in - Fridays

    77.6kg this morning, which is 12st 3lbs. Slightly up from last weeks 77.45 and BMI is currently 25.3.
  10. N

    Weekly weigh in - Fridays

    77.45kg this morning, which is 12st 3lbs and a BMI of 25.2. Not entirely sure I believe that, but it's nearly 1kg down from last week.
  11. N

    Running (10k+) and Type 2 Diabetes - Experiences

    On Sunday I did another longish walk with the dog - 18km with then best part of 500m of ascent. For that I didn't eat or drink anything during the walk and my blood sugar was 6.7 when I tested it shortly after getting home. So a bit higher the day before when I was fueling - but no real issue...
  12. N

    Running (10k+) and Type 2 Diabetes - Experiences

    I'm some way away from multi hour endurance bike rides or runs so at the moment I'm building those up with shorter outings e.g. 5km runs and 1 hour bike rides. I am fit enough to do longer walks with the dog though, so am trying my fuelling approach on those first. Today Obi (my very fit...
  13. N

    Running (10k+) and Type 2 Diabetes - Experiences

    I suspect when I was doing longer runs and bike rides before diagnosis I had so much sugar sloshing about in my blood that I rarely needed to fuel up (my hb1ac was 106 when I was diagnosed, without any symptoms). Now it's lower I'm paying more attention, including trying to find ways to fuel in...
  14. N

    Weekly weigh in - Fridays

    78.4kg this morning, which is 12st 5lbs and down about 2lbs since last Friday.
  15. N

    Weekly weigh in - Fridays

    79.3 this week, which is 12st 7lbs so down by about 1lb since last Friday.
Back
Top