I'd say you need to find a more supportive nurse - terrible bedside manner it sounds like.
My numbers are nothing like as bad as yours so bear that in mind but I've definitely found that low carb diet and losing weight make a big difference. I am more or less on the cusp of type 2 and...
Now there's an aspiration. Excellent work. Yes it's definitely addictive, in a good way. I would have to drop to about 13 stone for that. Long way to go still. Not sure my wife will like that, she likes the big burly blokes like I am/was, might have to get down the gym and bulk back up lol
Thanks for all your lovely positive reactions folks. As of last few days I'm now below 16 stone (actually 15 st 8 lb at the last count!). So the lightest I've been since I was about 26-27 years old at least! I have a feeling I might now have dropped 6 inches off my waist. Bought some 36"...
Thanks all.
I’ve never quit rice, though a much smaller portion is certainly the thing. They’re my dodgiest meals glucose-rise-wise these days though.
Incidentally in my first week of this I lost 10 lb in weight almost overnight which I initially put down to a glycogen dump from my liver...
Okay... been a while. Just had my 3 month follow up HbA1c result...... 36!!!! :cool::cool::cool:
125 kg (ish, not really sure where to start with the drop - I was about this in March... 123.5 kg in June when 'diagnosed') to begin....
I am now about 102 kg in weight (Around 16 st 2 lb in old...
7.3 this morning and high yesterday too.
My current nasty cold has turned out to be (after slightly frivolously using my last remaining test kit) the first definite time I’ve caught COVID-19.
Plays havoc with your blood sugar so it does apparently :-/.
Everything you want is already here. Thanks for this thread folks.
Getting all giddy with the success of my LCHF diet since getting the diabetes problem last month has been tempered by a gout attack last couple of days.
Might just have been overdoing the fish I suppose- certainly I will cut...
Yes, keeping readings less than 2 mM (rise) for each meal does not just inform on what you can eat (in my opinion) but also portion size. I second this post strongly.
Hi Mo R, you sound very similar to me. It’s not that hard really.
Just test before a meal then 2h later. Try and keep below about 7.3 and no more than a 2.0 mM rise after the meal.
I’ve found I can tolerate basmati rice and moderate beer consumption (yay). But potatoes, peas, bread and even...
Most of my readings are in the normal range now (they've ranged from as low as 4.1 to mid 6s. Though I think I got a bit complacent last couple of days and have seen spikes too high. Fishcakes... I can't eat fishcakes. And I had seconds on a slice of pie last night... no seconds.
Typical...
Well another update.
Finally saw the nurse today. It went really really well. She was very pleased to hear that I'd researched and changed my lifestyle in a positive way already, that I was monitoring my bg levels etc. Told me she wouldn't have put me on metformin with my HbA1c results...