5.7 to 3 in 10 minutes - an all time record..?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Tested at 9.40am and was 13.7 so took 3 units to correct, tested again at 11.38am and was 5.7 but was feeling a bit weird, strange vision so tested again at 11.47 and was 3.

Am just treating it now - but confused at how quickly I dropped, any explanations anyone (to obviously avoid it happening again in the future !!)

Thanks o_O

Reactions: 2 people

bigboi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive got the exact opposite problem right now lol ! Hope ur okay now

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks - am ok now, been having a few recently but as i'm sat at my desk doing very little activity it confused me.. What insulin are you on @bigboi ?

Bluemarine Josephine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can it be a false reading?
It has happened to me.
Thankfully, I verify the blood reading with my Freestyle Libre reading.
The accurate reading is always the blood one but, usually when the two contradict each other, I take a second blood reading to verify that the initial one was correct. In several cases, it wasn't.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sadly I haven no way of checking that as I don't have a freestyle libre, i've never had this problem before with my insulinx meter.

bigboi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks - am ok now, been having a few recently but as i'm sat at my desk doing very little activity it confused me.. What insulin are you on @bigboi ?
Thats good! And first morning of lantus/novarapid and i aint budging from 17 :( ?!

Bluemarine Josephine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sadly I haven no way of checking that as I don't have a freestyle libre, i've never had this problem before with my insulinx meter.

I have used 2 meters so far, my first by Abbott and the one I am using now by Bayer.
I find that the Bayer one is very accurate but, there has been the odd case of a false reading...

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thats good! And first morning of lantus/novarapid and i aint budging from 17 :( ?!

Are you carb counting then ? You need to give it a few days to get into your system before making any adjustments - beware of making any rash/quick changes as you could hypo. Best advice I can offer is to download Diaconnect on your phone to track your doses, BG readings which will help you and your team to make adjustments, this is a good system as you can download onto your pc or email to your nurse if required ;)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That is quick, perhaps your first bg test at 11.38am was a false reading?

Reactions: 7 people

bigboi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you carb counting then ? You need to give it a few days to get into your system before making any adjustments - beware of making any rash/quick changes as you could hypo. Best advice I can offer is to download Diaconnect on your phone to track your doses, BG readings which will help you and your team to make adjustments, this is a good system as you can download onto your pc or email to your nurse if required ;)
Yeah i have carb counted perfectly since starting so i guess it is only adjusting? Thats the only thing i can think... Thanks alot for ur help :)

iHs

Has yr TDD changed recently and do you use a correction factor to reflect the bg target you want to get? How much does 1u drop your bg level by? If you weigh less than you did, that will change yr daily insulin need and the correction factor as well

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
That is quick, perhaps your first bg test at 11.38am was a false reading?

I think this is the only credible idea of what caused it, wasn't feeling grand when I first tested which is why I did it - just never had this happen before and so quickly too. As I wasn't doing any activity either it left me a little bit puzzled :confused:

Reactions: 7 people

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you have any quick acting in your system from breakfast when you did your correction? I can drop stupidly quickly if I stack insulin, it normally happens one to two hours after the second dose...

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
False reading perhaps , I had one yesterday evening. My meter read a 12 mmol , washed my hands , used my other meter and it was 5.5 mmol. If i'd corrected for the first anomalous reading I'd be in a big mess.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi Matt, was well past my breakfast shot, I think it was more likely a false reading, just haven't had one before, hopefully won't again anytime soon..

bigboi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine still hasnt got better :( been high all day i have to phone dsn tomorrow as today was no answer.. Cant do anything either as ive been advised not to damnnnn

holmroad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cabbage, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts.
Unnecessary obesity.
I occasionally get 'silly' results from my Accuchek Mobile - which in MY opinion is by far the best, having tried most of the others over the years, but they have always been registering too high and NEVER too low, but it usually goes back to expectation after washing my hands as obviously ANYTHING sweet on them can affect readings!