Hba1c Result!

Goldiespring

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got my Hba1c test back after diagnosis at 50 in late August. It is now 37! I have lost 4 stone upped my walking and been taking 1000mg Metformin daily! I am low carbing (always below 100g a day usually below 60) so happy and grateful for what I have learned on here. My doctor and diabetes nurse are very supportive of my low carb decision and can clearly see its impact! More weight to lose would love to lose another 4 stone!

Reactions: 24 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Just got my Hba1c test back after diagnosis at 50 in late August. It is now 37! I have lost 4 stone upped my walking and been taking 1000mg Metformin daily! I am low carbing (always below 100g a day usually below 60) so happy and grateful for what I have learned on here. My doctor and diabetes nurse are very supportive of my low carb decision and can clearly see its impact! More weight to lose would love to lose another 4 stone!

Well done @Goldiespring , excellent results.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful! Well done!
And thank you for letting us know.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very impressive - well done! Hopefully the more our diabetes doctors and nurses see such excellent results from our low carb diets, the more the more dubious amongst them may be willing to promote them. So have a gold star from me...:p

gold_star.png

Robbity

Reactions: 7 people

Magsx1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fantastic work, thanks to people like you I have also been inspired to loose weight on a LCHF diet, so far almost 2 stone! I used to despair of the weight gain, now I look forward to loosing the next stone. Thank you all

Reactions: 4 people

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Wow, go you! Well done and best wishes for the next four...

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So lovely to hear of your success, thanks for sharing it with us ;)