Food and exercise

jojo broadie

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi jojo, my partner is type 2 and he does lchf with me. We used his blood sugar meter to work out what he can eat or not. It's down to the individual how many carbs. We are typically on less than 50g a day.
hi thanks for that. ...can you plse tell me what constitutes 50g per day carbs ....ie 1 slice bread 2 potatoes for example ....his readings are between 5 and 8 been around the 6 mark all weekend. ...so well pleased with that ...

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi jojo broadie, try using the my fitness pal app, it works out all foods entered and gives a breakdown of constituents,carbs/ proteins/fats/ cals, just set your personal details ,its a good way to see exactly how many carbs cals are recommended, then you can adjust what you want,clive

Jessica120714

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I'm in ketosis? I've been having minimal carbs for around 3 weeks now and my bloods are generally between 4-6.5. They were in the teens when I was diagnosed just after Christmas. I've dropped 6lb and feel lots more energetic. I had one tiny oatcake before my workout last week and two hours after my bloods were the same so I think that's the way to go for me

Reactions: 6 people