Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Like that sound of that, would be great to see the back of test strips :thumbup:

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The sensor has an 'up to six months life' . You have to have it inserted with some sort of inserter and removed with an incision, both under local anaesthetic.
http://senseonics.com/product/frequentl ... -questions
I wonder how much the sensors actually cost; the ones for existing CGMS are expensive.
TBH I'm not that sure about it at the moment.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
The savings on test strips would be huge though.......if it works. Great to see new devlopments like this.

Gary61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have just finished taking part in the Senseonics CGM trial and found it an invaluable experience. It was fantastic to just look at my Ipod and look at how I was trending which allowed me to be able to control my sugar level to a much higher degree. It still unfortunately has a little way to go before being released, mainly down to the size of the transmitter situated over the sensor and trying to increase the longevity of the sensor inside the arm. Even after being a diabetic for 36yrs, I was still amazed at the way my sugars changed for no apparent reason and even at night they would fluctuate when one would expect a fairly straight line. This I think, is definitely the way to go for a chance of any T1 diabetic controlling themselves. As to who will receive this device, you can bet your bottom dollar that it won't be people like me who are classed as reasonable well controlled diabetics, even though every diabetic should have the opportunity to improve their well being.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thanks for this feedback. Any idea when it will come to market?

novoguy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
smoking
This sounds great I look forward to herring more about this.