injections

leveya

Help
my levels in the morning are getting low this morning 3.9 should i reduce levemeir at night at moment im on 66 units in morning 74 units. iv been cutting carbs for last 2 weeks plus losing weight please help
tony

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Tony.

Sounds like you definitely need some adjustments here ? Not an Insulin user but feel that either a slight reduction in the Insulin doseage and/or a small carby snack before bedtime may be beneficial to you and help control your morning Bg level. Readings need to be a little higher I think.

gbtyke

Not been at this too long myself but those are serious doses of insulin. I believe that there is a relationship with body weight but for Levemir not with carb intake. I think a reduction at night looks as if it could be in order to reduce the morning numbers if they are consistently lowering. My levels were 2.5 higher this morning for no obvious reason but I am only on 13 at night and 6 at morning. Keep monitoring and if the readings come down with weight loss then keep lowering the dose to suit.

Well done on the weight loss.

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you went to bed at 3.9 and woke at 3.9, then you need a slightly higher bs level at bedtime and keep Levemir dose the same. If Levemir is taking you from a higher level down to 3.9 during the night then you need less Levemir at night, adjust it gradually until your bedtime and morning levels are as similar as possible.