Dr Unwin

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr David Unwin @lowcarGP successfully treats T2D and saves the NHS £27,000 on prescriptions per annum ,he offers his patients the low carb diet and makes them health again without drugs,if that was rolled out across the NHS the savings would million,s

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Tinmis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
illness
He has saved my local NHS trust a good few hundred ££'s, on diagnosis in 2014 they instantly wanted to put me on metformin and statins. I went away, read up, joined this site bought his book and a few months later all normal. 18 months on I started to slip back over Xmas putting "a little" weight back on, bloods moved from regular 4.5's - 5.5's up to some mid 7's and a 10+ with all the original symptoms hit the alarm bells. Reengaged his advice and heading back to normal. I now realise it isn't reversed just controlled well with discipline and adopting a way of life, diet and exercise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr David Unwin @lowcarGP successfully treats T2D and saves the NHS £27,000 on prescriptions per annum ,he offers his patients the low carb diet and makes them health again without drugs,if that was rolled out across the NHS the savings would million,s
This is true but the NHS is slow and ponderous. It would be necessary to write all this into the NICE recommendations and that won't happen anytime soon.