Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Every time someone tells me about a diabetic they know who never has any problems and finds it all so easy :-( Happens 3 - 4 times a year and really grates me ......................
Oh I agree with that whole-heartedly. I've recently found out that my manager at work is using me as an example to other diabetic employees as someone who finds living with diabetes to be easy and hasn't got any problems. It's really irritating as she's sending them individually to me to get 'sorted out'.

Reactions: 4 people

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Oh I agree with that whole-heartedly. I've recently found out that my manager at work is using me as an example to other diabetic employees as someone who finds living with diabetes to be easy and hasn't got any problems. It's really irritating as she's sending them individually to me to get 'sorted out'.

Without your consent ? Hope you're getting paid for the extra responsibility :)

Reactions: 2 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Without your consent ? Hope you're getting paid for the extra responsibility :)

I wish.... that would NEVER happen where I work. It's one of the downsides of working for a Charity.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find I get irritated when people start a sentence with "so". It seems to have replaced "Errrm" .

Really for the shovel list....

"I am not racist, but", (followed by the most damning evidence you are.)

"How are you? You look really well". (So, are you asking me how I am or telling me?)

"It's been a while since we touched base". (Yes, I last played rounders in primary school).

"No offence meant, but..." (Followed by something that offends me.)

"There you go". (From shop assistants when I have completed a purchase. What is wrong with "thank you"?)

"Roller coaster of emotions".

"You don't look disabled". ( Well, not sure what that should look like, but the wheelchair and hearing aids should be a bit of a clue)!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Just had a girlie chat with friends about this over a bottle or three of Prosecco and the top three came out as:
1. Being told you look 'tired'
2. Younger people looking gobsmacked when finding out that s-e-x isn't only for the under 30s
3. Employers assuming that as you are older you'll take on more responsibility when you aren't paid or don't want to do do so.

Close runner up: being called love, dear , ducks, sweetie or angel by someone you'ven ever met before. LOL

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I could do with at least a couple of shovels to scoop up all the sh*t my husband was spewing at me tonight... :mad:

Robbity

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I could do with at least a couple of shovels to scoop up all the sh*t my husband was spewing at me tonight... :mad:

Robbity
Oh dear. Sounds like you could have done with a girlie gossip, wine and chocolate night. (I say 'girlie' in the loosest sense, there wasn't one of us under 55.)

Reactions: 6 people

Auckland Canary

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are a couple that bug me badly now. The first is people using "Like" every third word. It makes me want to smother people really, I hate it.
The other phrase which has appeared recently is saying to a server or shopkeeper "Can I get" This would mean that you would go to the other side of the counter and make your own coffee for example. For some reason this is starting to irritate the hell out me now.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My shovel list is long but the most irritating one is "lessons have been learned" and mostly associated with incompetence. Death or huge financial damage. It's a joke.

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
"Do you want to buy a bag for 5p" Argghhh!, every shop, every time!