Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
Hello guys.
I walk 2.5-3 miles a day with big dog, 6 days a week. I was thinking about stepping it up a notch and starting to try running.
I was wondering if anyone has used the "Couch to 5k program", any views good or bad welcome, just looking for advice :)

Reactions: 5 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great thread! I started the couch to 5k programme a few weeks ago, and really enjoyed the first two weeks - last Saturday though I ended up with very painful feet and hips, having overdone it with the first session of week 3.

I was talking to a guy at the running shop a couple of days ago and he said exactly what you suggested, @EdMac . Am going to replace my shoes but only after having my gait properly looked at. There were good reasons, he said, why his shop doesn't stock Puma! (My shoes are....... Puma!)

Having never run, I've been loving it. Until the ows started, that is! Going to get back to it this weekend after a week off. My cardiovascular fitness isn't bad, as I swim daily (although now just every other day, alternating with the running), but I fully recognise the need to build up the muscles, tendons and ligaments, as it is just that trap I've just fallen into!

:)

Reactions: 4 people

Hannah3003

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I would really recommend couch to 5k it worked really well for me last year! I joined a club that did it so had motivation to actually get out however I've since been diagnosed with T1 and need to start it again really but I keep having hypos when doing any exercise (unless I eat loads before) but that seems counter intuitive!