Higher levels than normal

tinker1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rainy days
For the last two weeks my levels have been a lot higher than normal over 10 in the morning as i have had a cold .i am feeling better but my levels arn't returning to normal how long should this take.

Thanks

Reactions: 2 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @ tinker1. When I had a cold last month my levels were very high (10+) for about 2 weeks and then came down a bit but were still raised for about another week. It was so frustrating as I felt fine. Hopefully yours will start to drop shortly.

tinker1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rainy days
Thanks for your reply its very frustrating when usually I have very good control

Reactions: 2 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with @TooManyCrisps
Only been diagnosed a year but any cold or illness or pain seems to push up blood sugars and also takes a while to come down again.
Hope you continue to improve.

Allie00

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Hun, I'm currently recovering from the flu and my sugars in a morning are 10+ and have stayed high most of the day. I've only been diagnosed about 5 weeks and ive just started to gain reasonable control over my blood sugars so I'm finding this very frustrating. I was in bed for 2 days and even now feel shattered after doing only a small amount which is why I'm assuming my sugars are in double figures. Drinking plenty of water should help to lower them I hope. Take care.xox

Magisham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Would lack of sleep push them up too? My partner is a terrible sleeper. He probably only gets a few hours a night. We have told several doctors and they just say "Why do you think you don't sleep?"

tinker1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rainy days
Hi Levels are still high 9 this morning but have not been sleeping very well so that might not be helping my levels