http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/nuts

LC-Snacks–Nuts3-2400x1197.jpg

Reactions: 16 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Funnily enough, pecans and macadamias are my favourites, and I always add Brazil nuts to the mix for the selenium. Oh, and almond, as butter and flour.

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We had a thread on here only last week or so (Cashews was in the title, if you want to search for it) where several people tested their reactions to cashew nuts and found that the higher carbs were not affecting their bg levels.

Various speculations on the possibility of resistant starch being present, and so on.

Always worth checking your personal reaction to a food before abandoning it.

And yes, I am biased. ;) I LOVE CASHEWS!!!
:D

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria - I was just going to post about that thread too. I remembered to ask for some cashews with shopping for last week, but have yet to do my cashew tolerance test! Very remiss of me... :wideyed:

Robbity

PS The carbiest nuts that I've found appear to be chestnuts at around 44g carbs per 100g weight, though information varies a bit. But anyway, one less thing I can eat at Christmas.

bhk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would recommand being careful about Brazil Nuts as they contain liver toxins, and a content in selenium that is too high for a healthy person if you eat more than just a few. You guys can find out on various studies and websites. Please be careful :) Cheers!

plonkish_

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love nuts (which is handy) but I have to watch that I don't have too many!