Just a question of tiredness

unabarr1

Hello people

Im in the type2 club now, and wondered if anyone else has the extreme fatigue and the miseries, like really depressed somedays. I know the tiredness is symptomatic of the disease, but really somedays I feel unable to do anything.........and also not wanting to do anything................ :cry:

sami

do you test if so are your bg's very high as that will make you fell very tired before i was dx i spent all evening every evening sleeping on the sofa now i find that i can keep awake but i no when i have had to many carbs for my tea as i will be asleep within a hour of sitting down and nothing can keep me awake

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
On another thread, Steve has the problem of insomnia whereas somnia seems to be the more common problem. I had it for years, especially after lunch, or with a TV programme [my spell chequer rejects programme] I wanted to watch. I was dozing off on Monday afternoon during choir practice :!:

unabarr1

Hi people

Thanks for quick replies,,,, well I test this and I test that, and I watch this and that..so who knows, Ive been a type 2 for a few months, but cant seem to defeat the tiredness. go for a walk my nurse says, I wish I had the energy...... :(

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I was dozing after lunch as I wrote - well, I had 3 sets of tennis this morning. I needed an afternoon nap long before I was diabetic. I sat down in front of the TV instead of the computer, & did a Daily Mail puzzle or 2 & didn't sleep.

I've now got a sermon to prepare for Sunday, so I'd better not doze while preparing it :wink: :!: .

AmberAnn

I didn't think I got tired I just thought I was slowing down and taking my time as I was getting older...maybe I was getting tired...hmm. Still spite being well past 60 I don't take an afternoon nap..yet.