Type 2 Can anyone help me

ffslma

I am Type 2 and I want to find out what the benefits to me would be if I agreed to go onto insulin. I have a lot of medications that make it hard for me to keep my glucose down. I suffer from severe depression and am bipolar. I take a lot of medication and most of them increase my appetite A LOT. I am really struggling but I am also terrified about going onto insulin. Can you advise me please

FolkyRose1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people looking down at me as if wondering why l am in a wheel chair (I am in a high risk of falling
I am Type 2 and I want to find out what the benefits to me would be if I agreed to go onto insulin. I have a lot of medications that make it hard for me to keep my glucose down. I suffer from severe depression and am bipolar. I take a lot of medication and most of them increase my appetite A LOT. I am really struggling but I am also terrified about going onto insulin. Can you advise me please
I to am on a lot of meds including antidepressants meds, when l was told l needed to start on insulin. I imagined constantly injecting and l was afraid. When l started l was amazed that often finger pricking hurt more. It's easy to change how many units l gave myself , if going out and my testing blood glucose was a bit high l gave myself just a few more units to compensate which you can't do that with oral meds. I am sure many could give you a lot more info. Don't be afraid

Reactions: 4 people

ffslma

I to am on a lot of meds including antidepressants meds, when l was told l needed to start on insulin. I imagined constantly injecting and l was afraid. When l started l was amazed that often finger pricking hurt more. It's easy to change how many units l gave myself , if going out and my testing blood glucose was a bit high l gave myself just a few more units to compensate which you can't do that with oral meds. I am sure many could give you a lot more info. Don't be afraid

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. If you need to go onto insulin, don't worry. As another poster has said, I find the blood test lancer hurts more. Modern insulin pens have very thin 4 mm needles. If you have any excess weight and are not already keeping the carbs down, do start that. It may delay the need for insulin and when on insulin it avoids weight gain.

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I am type 2 and am bipolar and am on anti psychotics and anti depressant. Insulinwwas mentioned a year ago but Dr decided not to give it to me. At the moment I am on victoza but am coming off that next month as levels are creeping up and with the bipolar meds, I am still putting weight on. As yet I have no idea what they are changing the victoza too but al I know is that it will be a diabetic pill form

Reactions: 2 people