Lucozade awareness

Tanny35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you haven't already done so try the Orange flavoured Lucozade its ok, better chilled though. As for jelly babies I'm afraid i would eat the whole packet. As for Hypo stop, its Rank in.my opinion.

Regards

Martin

Sent from my D6503 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Hypo stop is so vile! I have fought off paramedics before who have tried to force feed it to me! Blurghhhh

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

markastin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use jelly babies small pocket size packets are 10 for £1 at asda! I can actually work out what effect 1 jelly baby has which is helpful although if ur hypo is bad I would advise just eating a load!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find that when I go hypo, jelly babies work quite good, only problem is when I eat the first one all the others in the packet start crying. Hence me eating the entire packet but I only do it for the poor jelly babies.;););)

Reactions: 2 people

jinatki

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If you look at the nutritional info on a Lucozade bottle now you will see that the amount of fast acting glucose has been halved. It is important to be aware of this if treating hypos!
The packaging is rhe same & the price is the same. The lable still boasts the trademark "Powered By Glucose", but there is nothing to indicate "reduced sugar"!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Brother in Law usually carries a Mars bar either on him or in the car or so I believe.