Do i have diabetes?? Please Help!

Polly1Harg

Hi,

I am worried that i might i have diabetes.
I am 21 years old, overweight, and do not exercise enough.
My dad and granddad both have diabetes and recently i have been having symptoms such as drinking a lot, Peeing a lot, and being constantly tired! I brought a Glucose monitoring test and tested my blood, about 2 hours after eating my breakfast it was 2.8 and 2 hours after that before i ate my lunch it was 5.8 between which i had not eaten.
What should i do?

Could you give me some advise on the best time to test my glucose level within the day.

Thanks
Polly

alison2345

Hi Polly,

You really should go and see your GP if you suspect you have diabetes. 2.8 after your breakfast? I don't know but that seems too low to me. My GP has told me to take my level one day before breakfast, miss a day, before lunch, miss a day, before tea, miss a day, before bed. I think 2 hours after you have had a meal is good.

C

catherinecherub

Hi Polly,
Please make an appointment with your GP and discuss how you feel and your worries concerning diabetes. They will be able to give you the necessary tests as we cannot diagnose here.

Let us know how you get on.

Catherine.

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dark mornings, intolerance any one with a superiority complex...
Polly,

If you have those symptoms, you must go and see your doctor regardless. If you have parents and grandparents with diabetes, then that should serve as an incentive to you to ALWAYS pay respect to your health for I know that if I could turn back the clock I certainly would, however, as for your readings, in themselves they do not look anything to worry about, having said all that please go and see your doctor for advice, to resolve your symptoms and for peace of mind.

All the best - Steve.