Type 2 Insulin Escape

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wondered how you are doing today? Hope things have settled down again. Take care

A

asparagusp

Hi Col101 How kind of you to enquire - After four hours sleep, at 7 am a reading of 5.6 and one hour later, 6.7. I had breakfast immediately after the second reading. There was more anxiety last night as I thought I might have doubled dosed the Lantus .....

Davyb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Stop bumping the thread - it is rude and unnecessary.

From the statement that you are on gliclazide AND lantus. I guess you are transitioning to insulin. You will soon be asked to totally drop gliclazide. I assume you have been on max
Stop bumping the thread - it is rude and unnecessary.

From the statement that you are on gliclazide AND lantus. I guess you are transitioning to insulin. You will soon be asked to totally drop the sulphonamide. I can surmise that you have been in the maximum dose of glicazide for a while and the HBA1C is high, so they are transitioning you.

Surprised to not see a rapid acting insulin also. But with 2 thyroid medicines it is very complicated, I guess you see an endocrinologist also.

I transitioned three and a half years ago after 17 years on oral meds. I was told to drop the third diabetic tablet, a glinide immediately and the sulphonamide after a month or so. I was not on any thyroid meds but am on Levothyroxine now after the thyroid levels had been bouncing on their limits for a long time.

Needle phobia was never a problem. My mother was T2 10 years before me and also transitioned after 16 years on oral meds. I don't like looking at a needle when someone else is taking blood samples for analysis.

Good luck. Don't forget to tell DVLA Medical if you drive. They can be a complete pain in the ****.

A

asparagusp

No need to bump now as this answer will put the thread back at the top! lol The reason was so that all the kind people who responded see the outcome! I did find your rudeness and unnecessary and nearly didn't read the rest of your post.

However thanks for the advice about the DVLA. I don't drive!