artificial sweetener

Chaobaby7

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
junk food, modern life, crowds, heat and loud music
I still have diet drinks and use Xylitol if needed. You have to be careful with it though it you have dogs as it is poisonous to them!
love your avatar by the way.

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I have always had a huge bee in my bonnet about artificial sweetener, I am really anti it and not happy when Diabetes organisations seem to say it's a good thing and even suggest it, of course it is down to choice I agree but I don't like seeing it promoted, it tastes fowl, it's unnatural, I am a strong believer in eating pure food and drinking pure stuff ( although it is my love of carbs in the form of spuds and whole meal bread and fruit that's not helped me at all) I also think stuff like aspartame is addictive and increases a sweet tooth, I also have IBS so these nasties bloat me and give me very severe diroeah.

I don't want to make an argument with anyone after all that's why I quite facebook.

I like to use stevia myself although even that doesn't taste right to me although it is natural, I am learning to get used to sparkling water and also have un concentrtated fruit juice once a day watered down with sparklng water

What other natural ways of sweetening things do people use? or is it a case of just going cold turkey and how ever dull the sparkling water may get after a bit.
Glad to see that many people try to avoid artificial sweeteners - I had to quit Artificial sweeteners because it had a negative impact on my mental health - it's been about 20 years now and I don;t miss it. Natural way of sweetening things - try a little bit of honey. I love honey comb and can get it in my area without any difficulty - it taste great and does not have a big impact on my sugar levels because 1/ I don't eat a large volume and 2/ the wax offsets the honey so on a weight basis it has less sugar than one would think.

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
Japanese are very healthy, their diet is good and they don't get fat
cough!
upload_2016-10-6_21-25-14.jpeg

Chaobaby7

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
junk food, modern life, crowds, heat and loud music
Glad to see that many people try to avoid artificial sweeteners - I had to quit Artificial sweeteners because it had a negative impact on my mental health - it's been about 20 years now and I don;t miss it. Natural way of sweetening things - try a little bit of honey. I love honey comb and can get it in my area without any difficulty - it taste great and does not have a big impact on my sugar levels because 1/ I don't eat a large volume and 2/ the wax offsets the honey so on a weight basis it has less sugar than one would think.
I have mental health problems too, I try and eat natural food as it makes me feel better, I have started making my own lemonade with stevia to replace sugar , I love that and mixed with sparkling water it's like a fizzy pop drink. Honey comb is lovely I agree

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
that is a Sumo wrestler, Japanese people eat fresh, low carb food and most are petite and dainty
Well, you might be correct in saying that some Japanese people eat fresh, low carb food and most are petite and dainty, but that Sumo wrestler is Japanese too, He's not petite and dainty. Also, I present exhibit a), a popular meal in Japan.

upload_2016-10-12_23-2-31.png

Trebor2516

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have always had a huge bee in my bonnet about artificial sweetener, I am really anti it and not happy when Diabetes organisations seem to say it's a good thing and even suggest it, of course it is down to choice I agree but I don't like seeing it promoted, it tastes fowl, it's unnatural, I am a strong believer in eating pure food and drinking pure stuff ( although it is my love of carbs in the form of spuds and whole meal bread and fruit that's not helped me at all) I also think stuff like aspartame is addictive and increases a sweet tooth, I also have IBS so these nasties bloat me and give me very severe diroeah.

I don't want to make an argument with anyone after all that's why I quite facebook.

I like to use stevia myself although even that doesn't taste right to me although it is natural, I am learning to get used to sparkling water and also have un concentrtated fruit juice once a day watered down with sparklng water

What other natural ways of sweetening things do people use? or is it a case of just going cold turkey and how ever dull the sparkling water may get after a bit.
I use Stevia and find it ok, I can not have Asparteme as it makes me violently ill.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Before diabetes I used to have 2 spoonfuls of sugar in my tea and coffee, obviously that stopped and I started using sweeteners but eventually stopped them to, I do think to myself now why would I like sweet tea and coffee in my opinion it tastes so much better on its own, Why not give it a try!