Trulicity

Gary_Gower

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I started on Trulicity two weeks ago - so just taken my second injection. Test results so far have been very good - its reduced my post meal peak and I'm taking very small amounts of background insulin now. also still taking metformin. But side effects have been surprisingly bad - nausea, vomiting, feeling suddenly bloated. Very very tired on occasions. But definitely reduced my appetite - and I've lost 5lbs in the first week. I'm a little nervy about some of the very negative press comments but plan to persevere for a three months until my next HBA1C. How are you other new users doing?

Reactions: Freema

Jonboy999

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I started on Trulicity two weeks ago - so just taken my second injection. Test results so far have been very good - its reduced my post meal peak and I'm taking very small amounts of background insulin now. also still taking metformin. But side effects have been surprisingly bad - nausea, vomiting, feeling suddenly bloated. Very very tired on occasions. But definitely reduced my appetite - and I've lost 5lbs in the first week. I'm a little nervy about some of the very negative press comments but plan to persevere for a three months until my next HBA1C. How are you other new users doing?
Hi,Gary,
I am on the 10th injection, I have the same symptoms, lost 1stone 7. Pounds, but the diarrhea is the worst.
Taking mine on a Sunday , by Monday night up 6 times during the night, it does not get any better, only as you say it is doing its job, but it's how long you can suffer.
I am still hanging in there only just, again give it 3 months.

Gary_Gower

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Anyone out there with a positive story about Trulicity? ie no side effects or side effects tat faded after a few weeks?

San27

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Trulicity has been great for me ... levels completely in range, lost weight and no side effects since week 2-3 unless I eat rubbish ... then I feel very bloated and nauseous.

Gary_Gower

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well that's great news congratulations. I'm on jab 6. Side effects improving weight coming down,blood sugar normal. But I do have to eat much much less to keep from feeling bloated and nauseous. So hope good results are down to the drug and not just eating better ! Persevering til hba1c in January to see exactly how good it is. Interesting to hear my GP not allowed to prescribe it - too expensive. I only get it because consultant approved it. Amazed that no account taken of the savings on other drugs (no more sitagliptin, no more novarapid, less Lantus and hopefully fewer complications. NHS is penny wise and pound foolish sometimes.

MaudieGo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi started on Saturday and no side effects. Feel full and my energy level better and my eyes better not blurry. Blood sugar way down to what it was so good news for me. Early days but feeling positive still
Day 5 and still no adverse problem. Blood sugar down still very pleased with it.

Last edited:

SimonMu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Been on it for a week. Starting dosage of.75
No effect on lowering glucose as yet. 20 reading on my meter tonight :(
No nasty side effects other than on a couple of occasions I've felt like I'm so bloated that I might explode.
I was on victoza before but that stopped working and not sure if the starting dosage on trulucity is to get used to it or if I should not expect sugers to go down until they put me up to full dosage.
Or even if it will work at all if victoza stopped doing its job..
Will have to just hope it works I guess

willabudhabi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I used it for 6 months and lost 23 kg, not saying all from trulicity, included daily swimmimg and healthy eating.
As type 1 saw no effect on my insulin requirements