type 1 vegan

garyw1000

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, I was diagnosed as a type 1 when I was about 30 year old, I'm now just over 50, my control over it isn't fantastic, but my doctor is happy enough, so I'm happy (and still alive). Anyway, I want to go vegan, anyone out there a vegan and type 1? does it work? any down sides? any up sides? anyone got any good info I can use? HELP please.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed as a type 1 when I was about 30 year old, I'm now just over 50, my control over it isn't fantastic, but my doctor is happy enough, so I'm happy (and still alive). Anyway, I want to go vegan, anyone out there a vegan and type 1? does it work? any down sides? any up sides? anyone got any good info I can use? HELP please.
I am type 2 and vegan so might not be much help. The way I see it is that every food contains macronutrients whether it is from plants or animals. It is how you balance these proteins, fats and carbs with your insulin that matters.

Are you Scottish? I have just texted my daughter who is a member of a very large vegan Facebook group in the Central Belt to ask her if she has noticed any type 1 members there who may be able to help you. It is a mine of good information.

Reactions: Freema

garyw1000

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I'm Scottish, living up in Aberdeen at the moment, but don't and will never have any facebook or other social media account other than this one.

Reactions: Freema