Reliable Needles

A

asparagusp

I'm really getting fed up with my Autoshield BD needles that are so unreliable, so much so that I am even contemplating naked needles!

Can anyone suggest an alternative in either shielded or unshielded needles? Cheers.

delmcp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I also use BD Micro-Fine+ needles and have had no issues.

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Novo twist are really good if you use the novo echo pen or similar

Book_woorm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In the last three years I've had only one problem of a partially blocked BD microfine+, but quite a number of problems with bent GlucoRX ones fresh out of the box. which lead to a serious debate with surgery who wanted me to continue with the Gluco ones because they were cheaper!! Had to point out to them that it was false economy given the number of Gluco ones I was having to throw away unused because of manufacturing faults.

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing
A

asparagusp

Thanks Book_worm. My insulin leaked yesterday morning and I suspected my fasting today would be high and indeed it was (for me).

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I switched from BD autoshield to BD micro fine. Ultra really pleased with them. I follow bd's advice and don't bother squeezing flesh to inject and have never had pain from them

A

asparagusp

Thank you! I don't squeeze flesh either but they can be a little bit sore! Did you find problems with the Austohield ones?

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
I use nanopass 4mm by terumo and have never had an issue.

Good luck
Tony