Type of diabetes
Type 1
So Ellie had her 9 month review today and left with very mixed emotions

Only 3 hypos in 3 months
Coming out of the honey moon period so hba1c has gone up from 55 to 61
Date set for the pump, 10th December
2nd confirmation of coeliacs disease
Ellie now has to attend Leeds children's hospital for a biopsy
Ellie's response- I get to see what a different children's clinic looks like yay!

Feeling very drained today

EmmaRW0811

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That all sounds really tough. Poor you - but I agree with the previous post - you're doing an excellent job for your daughter to be so positive. Be gentle with yourself!

Ellie's mum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you both

I must admit I've had 'wobbles' along the way and being gentle with myself didn't factor in my day to day life for a while. Ellie is the youngest of 3 children and my job is very demanding, I work in a school supporting students,with behavioural and emotional issues, to pass their GCSEs. The challenge of the job used to give me a real buzz but when I added the challenge of diabetes I crashed and burned resulting in 6 weeks off work with stress, I defo learnt my lesson

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
bless you @Ellie's mum -- you come across on the forum here as a superheroes -- sure you don't always feel like one but..........

as for your daughter she is a real little star -- please tell her she has an oldie rooting for her every day !!!!!:)

Ellie's mum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I very pleased to say I've come a very long way since my burn out and I've learnt how to manage everything better

Thank you all for your kind words, it really means a lot x

Reactions: isjoberg and himtoo