creatinine in urine 6.8

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
just got my result 6.8.
I'm a bit worried. i no i have had some kidney damage for years but not sure how bad thus is.
I'm type 1 for over 43 years. Hbc1 is 6.5 and my blood pressure is very good .but do take tablets for it.:(

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On my last test results it was the creatinine/albumin ratio that was looked at, and this should be under 2.3. The actual creatinine and albumin levels didn't state a "normal" range. Has your doctor said anything?

Reactions: caretaker

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
On my last test results it was the creatinine/albumin ratio that was looked at, and this should be under 2.3. The actual creatinine and albumin levels didn't state a "normal" range. Has your doctor said anything?
thanks
do you know how urine results compare with blood creatinines i have some blood results from a year ago and if i can find them i can compare the 2.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks
do you know how urine results compare with blood creatinines i have some blood results from a year ago and if i can find them i can compare the 2.

I'm sorry, I have no idea. If you are really worried maybe you should speak to your doctor. If he is worried he should already have called you in, but no harm in making an appointment anyway in case he has missed it. He should be able to explain what it all means.