All inclusive/ cruising

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
how do you coop as T2 when you go on cruises or to an all inclusive resort.?
For me it is always battle when it comes to eating at the buffet.it is so tempting to overindulge

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
how do you coop as T2 when you go on cruises or to an all inclusive resort.?
For me it is always battle when it comes to eating at the buffet.it is so tempting to overindulge

For me, I try to reduce my weight by limiting my calories beforehand, them enjoy myself, and lose the excess again later if I need to.
The same applies at Christmas.
The human body evolved with feast and famine after all.

Reactions: headshot11
A

asparagusp

Eat in moderation and to your meter. I have difficulties when I travel in Europe. I don't eat a lot though and still the readings are usually higher than being at home! Your post whets my appetite for some grilled pork in a whiskey sauce!

pork.jpg

Reactions: Freema

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel so dreadful if i go too wrong. So I don't want to wreck a great holiday by being sleepy, brain fogged, worn out, apathetic, with achey joints and with heartburn.

Quite motivating! :D

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You can usually find plenty of low carb food such as salads, meats, eggs and cheese on a cruise. However there are also tempting sweets etc. To be honest when I went on a cruise last year I decided that as I was in holiday it wouldn't do too much harm to have the odd treat or two!

1954jessy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
When I went on a cruise in November they were really good at providing low carb diet. Phone company and tell them you are diabetic and need a low carb diet.

M

ME_Valentijn

I'm new to diabetes, but at buffets in general I find it helps to eat "expensive" instead of indulgent. So I'd target the expensive proteins and nice veggies available, and leave the cheap carbs behind. Fish, seafood, nice cuts of meat, etc.

Carbs and sweets are very cheap for cruises to serve, so it's a bit of a rip-off to fill up on them when you can pack in more of the quality proteins instead. The satisfaction of getting the most financial advantage out of the meal might help offset missing out on the carb indulgence.