Weight loss

pinklady69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone would like some advice. I dont want to lose any more weight as i am down to my target weight but onlbviously i have to now have an healty diet because of the diabetes...im still losing! What can you recommend i eat to keep the weight stable? Thanks in advance

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
nuts ... of all kinds ... and sometimes fresh kokos-meat

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
HI. Are you sure you are T2 and not Late onset T1? Losing weight without trying is a pointer to T1.

HelenHak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have the same problem...I have upped my calorie intake but kept my carbs the same. I am losing weight more slowly but still it goes down. I seem to be eating all day long! Am going to up my carbs even more and hope that does the trick.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is a fine balancing act. I was in the same position in November 2014. I had no intention of increasing my carbs so increased my fats, mainly from protein sources, such as an extra egg every day. I introduced cheese to my diet as I hadn't eaten it previously, and increased other fats such as real mayonnaise, cream, and butter. Especially butter. I relied on my meter and my scales to get me on the right track. It took a while but I got there in the end. It wasn't easy as I ended up recording all my portion sizes, tweaking them as necessary. I have been stable ever since. Eat to your meter and your scales.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Nuts and dairy pack pounds on for me.

It can take awhile for your body to find homeostasis and for our bodies to 'reshape' themselves after weight loss.

Did you just lose weight after cutting carbs or were there other changes? If you didn't do much to lose it I would consider LADA. A simple blood test can help there. It's called GAD ( glutamic acid decarboxylase). If you just google GAD it comes up with some type of depression so be sure to add diabetes along with it

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you have any idea how much calories you require and how much you're eating at the moment?

I second nuts and like to add cheese. Hundred grams of each can be good for 1000 calories and not that hard to eat. Adding a bit of mayo can do wonders too.