Chocolate Cookies

Bows

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Had a go at these cookies using coconut flour. They are not too bad. Better than no cookies. The recipe is 1/4 cup coconut flour. 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter melted. 1/3cup cocoa. 3 medium
eggs. 1/2 cup sugar subsitute of choice. 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence. 1/4 teaspoon salt. Oven 175 C for 14 minutes
Method: mix coconut oil with cocoa powder. Next mix in beaten eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Whisk in coconut flour into batter. Leave to rest for around 5 mins. Spoon onto greased baking trays and bake 14 mins. makes 16 cookies
. Enjoy

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks for that @Bows. Looks quite easy to make and I've got all those ingredients already so will try it.
Is the oven temp 200 C (fan oven)?

Reactions: mist

evelygtc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
non
Thanks for the Cookies Recipe.
Can type 2 diabetic eat sugar?
What can we substitute for sugar?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Argave nectar is natural sweetner and tastes good
Natural it might be but so actually is sugar (which also comes from plants - sugar cane, sugar beet...). And agave nectar's still full of carbs (76g per 100g weight) so not all that much better than sugar. And most type 2s don't take insulin, so can't use that to adjust for high carbohydrates/sugar foods.

Thanks for the Cookies Recipe.
Can type 2 diabetic eat sugar?
What can we substitute for sugar?
If we want to reduce our glucose levels then we should definitely avoid sugar (of any sort including any that come originally from completely natural sources as they are all full of carbs) at all costs. There are some sweeteners which are quite acceptable for diabetics, which will neither raise your glucose levels, nor have any nasty gastric side effects (e.g. wind/gas, the "runs"...). You could try stevia, erythritol, or if you don't have any dogs around as it can kill them, xylitol. This last is apparently good for use in baking, but I've found that erythritol works well for me, and most importantly is doggy friendly though I wouldn't necessarily choose to feed it to them intentionally!

Robbity

Reactions: Prem51