So Frustrated....

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Not an option for most Type 1s, of course, but in some people with LADA, the slower onset allows insulin to be delayed by attention to diet and exercise. Wiserkurtious found something similar but is now hoping to,start insulin as his sugars are rising.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not an option for most Type 1s, of course, but in some people with LADA, the slower onset allows insulin to be delayed by attention to diet and exercise. Wiserkurtious found something similar but is now hoping to,start insulin as his sugars are rising.

Ah, i see..
I'm hoping all the best for Nidge, but at least he will have had past experience with insulin use to fall back on.. ;)

Nidge247

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, i see..
I'm hoping all the best for Nidge, but at least he will have had past experience with insulin use to fall back on.. ;)

Thank you for all your best wishes. I will continue with LCHF and exercise as long as I can while it works for me, whether it be months or years in the future. I am healthier now than I have been for decades.
Although I have been diagnosed as LADA, different medics / DSN's have stated both T1 and a complex form of T2. I have never been given a c-peptide test, as by the time they had my BGs down to a safe level, they said it was too late to do a comparative and have resisted doing one ever since!

I do still keep in-date insulin stocks in the fridge ready for whenever, though have stopped refreshing the pens in my Small-in-one every 4 & 6 weeks as that just ended up wasted and down the sink unused. I do carry the empty Novorapid and Levemir pens with me, and wear a wristband, as should I have an accident at any time, it would assist any medics with my treatment if I was unable to communicate.

I do have multiple other health issues, which my consultant states gives me a 'complex medical history' . But at least it means I am unfazed by D, and it is just another tick box on the path of life. At least this is a condition where I can take some direct control over it. Whether I need insulin or not in the future does not bother me, I will start/stop injecting as required to live as healthy a life as possible.

Good luck to everyone in how they best manage their D condition, it is a condition which is as varied as the number of people troubled by it, and there is no one solution which suits everybody.

Reactions: azure

Flakey Bake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lots of good advice being posted. You do obviously need to change one or more things with your regime. Whatever you try, take it one step at a time. Don't try to do several things at once or you will stay on the rollercoaster. Just change one thing and monitor well for a couple of days to see the full effect. Writing down everything in a log book will help you identify changes and pattern. Good luck hope you get a even keel again soon xx

Reactions: azure