Chocolate 4.6g carb in 25g bar

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@1abRat you are an inspiration. I have been wearing a fitbit and struggle to clock 10,000 steps a day. Keep up the good work. X

Cheers :) probably helps that I'm on my feet at work all day and have always been rather....hyperactive!! :wacky:

Reactions: Swiggy

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the heads up, Will have to give the Aldi chocolate a go, i like co-op brand 85% chocolate comes in near 40g bars
Any recommendations on high cocoa Easter eggs please?

blanc71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The Aldi 85% is very good to be fair,one small bar a day and my levels seem to be spot on.
The 70% is very nice too.
I do believe and please put me right ,these two Aldi chocolates DON'T suffer from dutching ,making the flavanols more present.

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been eating some Lindt 90% Cocoa Dark Supreme. They sell it at Sainsbury. It is a bit bitter. It has 14g of carbs per 100g of which 7g is sugar. I only eat one square every now and again.

Today I bought some Montezuma's Absolute Black 100% Cocoa chocolate from Sainsbury. It is £2.50 a pack. It is bitter and has quite a kick. Must be an acquired taste. My wife didn't like it and she eats the Lindt 90% chocolate. It has 8g of carbs per 100g of which 2g is sugar.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been eating some Lindt 90% Cocoa Dark Supreme. They sell it at Sainsbury. It is a bit bitter. It has 14g of carbs per 100g of which 7g is sugar. I only eat one square every now and again.

Today I bought some Montezuma's Absolute Black 100% Cocoa chocolate from Sainsbury. It is £2.50 a pack. It is bitter and has quite a kick. Must be an acquired taste. My wife didn't like it and she eats the Lindt 90% chocolate. It has 8g of carbs per 100g of which 2g is sugar.
Try the Lindt 70% which is not so bitter and is 4.5 carbs per square

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try the Lindt 70% which is not so bitter and is 4.5 carbs per square
Lindt 70 has about 30 g of sugar per 100 g chocolate, which is about 4 times that of the 90% cocoa bar, which I quite like. I was looking at the incredients of some of the Lindt chocolate bars yesterday and some had 50 % sugar. So you need to be careful what you buy.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lindt 70 has about 30 g of sugar per 100 g chocolate, which is about 4 times that of the 90% cocoa bar, which I quite like. I was looking at the incredients of some of the Lindt chocolate bars yesterday and some had 50 % sugar. So you need to be careful what you buy.
I am careful what I buy but I'm also aware of what will affect my BS and Lindt 70% is ok particularly as I only have 2 squares every few days.