Aches and pains

GeorgiyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I keep having aches and pains in my toes - this wouldn't be diabetes related, would it?

plutoniumcard

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Georgiy

Don't blame diabetes just yet! We all fall into that trap.... turned out when I had pains in my toes...I had fractured them a week earlier (don't play football in bare feet!!).

Look to other things as well...new shoes? Something changed in your daily "walking" routine etc.

Cheers

Tony

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

GeorgiyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Urbanracer - not cramps, more like aches in the joints - at least that is what it feels like.

GeorgiyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I hope not! I was concentrating on joint pain, but it is also often sore (a dull pain) in the fleshy underside of the toes. The joint pain is more the big toe area and the other pain the little toe and near there.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I hope not! I was concentrating on joint pain, but it is also often sore (a dull pain) in the fleshy underside of the toes. The joint pain is more the big toe area and the other pain the little toe and near there.

What have your blood glucose levels been like over the past few months?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a painful toe some time ago - before diagnosis - and I happened to eat a lot of cherries - it went away - classic gout cure. I don't know if you can buy tablets with the essence of cherryness which does the trick but avoids the sugars, but you should discuss it with your doctor really.

GeorgiyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have a cousin with gout. I will definitely ask about the aches and pains next doctor's visit.