It does work

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed type 2 in May 2016 which was a big shock. I did a lot of research online (this site and Professor Tim Noakes) and decided that LCHF was the best course of action despite the NHS and Expert course advice, I went back to the doctors this week for my blood test results, I'm sorry but I can't remember what my actual result was but the diabetic nurse showed me a chart and said I was third from the top when diagnosed and am now second from the bottom in the excellent range. I was told I could stop taking the Metphormin that I hadn't taken since November and she said the doctor had said that if I keep these results for the next 2 years she will take me off the diabetic register. I cut my carbs down to approx. 30g per day, eat loads of broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, Brussel spouts, mixed salad, steaks, some smoked mackerel and pork chops for dinner. Breakfast is normally eggs of some kind and pork scratchings are my snacks. I have double cream in my coffee and have a glass or two of red wine with my evening meal. I have gone from a tight 48 inch waist to a 36 inch waist.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is brilliant @Ian_Laye Well done. :)

One more thing you must do though - get hold of a print out of your tests results on diagnosis and on your later ones. Otherwise you have NO idea where you are and what else could be done. They will also include the results of any other tests you had that are equally important, such as cholesterol, lipids, liver and kidney functions and full blood counts. All these things matter to diabetics. Ask reception for these, and if you are in England, also ask if your surgery puts test results on-line as they were supposed to have done by April 2016.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done @Ian_Laye! :)
You should get the test results from your surgery, and let us know the figures. It's always encouraging to hear of success stories, thanks for posting.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great isn't it.. if only more people would follow it we could probably halt the epidemic..just imagine what could happen if it became NHS advice..

Reactions: Prem51

Michael4450

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been T2 .. 13 years the last 18 months Medication free I have tried several ways to get my BG down to a sensible level. All my food is fresh and virtually carb free ( changed over to low carb 4 weeks ago) and I feel so much better. My fluid intake is 99.99% water. I test by BG 3 times a day without getting stressed out what is classed as a sensible HbA1c mine is between 60-70. Please advice

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Great results @Ian_Laye and a great example of what can be achieved in a relatively short time. Have you thought what to say to your DN when she asks how you did it? And will you be able to keep a straight face?

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great results @Ian_Laye and a great example of what can be achieved in a relatively short time. Have you thought what to say to your DN when she asks how you did it? And will you be able to keep a straight face?
Hi. I've told both my doctor and my DN, doctor only said to be careful of getting high cholesterol but DN said she would do the same as me if she was ever diagnosed with type 2.

Reactions: Ultramum

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I've done the same thing with similar results.
At first the surgery were mortified but the numbers don't lie. Have lowered bad cholesterol and raised the good and I put that down to porridge every morning through summer. I know not everyone can tolerate it. So no cholesterol drugs and now no blood pressure medicine. Can't remember when I last took a Metformin.