Interesting times on LCHF

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I am seeing a different interface.

I am using a web browser on an Android tablet.

I assume you are clicking on my Avatar to see this information? I will investigate on a Windows system.
I am using Firefox on a Win 10 laptop, Yes, clicking on the avatar does bring up profile info, but only the original user can edit/change their own details,

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
When I click your avatar I get information including a link to your profile page.
When I click on this I see diabetes type and medication.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would change it if I could find out where it was set.

My personal profile shows me as T2 on tablets.

You need to go to your personal settings in your profile where it asks what type of diabetes you have, then use the drop down box and change it. (Top of this page towards the right where you see your user name. Hover and click on personal details)

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think it needs to be the avatar on the Main Forum Menu. The thread avatars open up a read only precis of the profile info.

Edit: Nope your profile is still Insulin Dependant.
Edit to Edit: I see you have changed medication entry, but still showing T2 + ID under Type

Last edited:

Jo123

Have you seen the thread high cholesterol on the LCHF? The videos explains some science why lowering your trigs increases you're total, LDL and HDl and this is normal. Most GP won't know this level of detail never mind hospital consultants

When I started low carbing I was really strict and my trigs increased! This worried me, I changed to 'healthy' fats and they have gone right back down. I did post about it at the time.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Think it needs to be the avatar on the Main Forum Menu. The thread avatars open up a read only precis of the profile info.

Edit: Nope your profile is still Insulin Dependant.
Edit to Edit: I see you have changed medication entry, but still showing T2 + ID under Type

How is it looking now?
Should show "in remission".

I did note (being back on a PC with a big display) that the first three options were:
T1
T2
T2

I was the second of the T2 options (no apparent difference between them) so perhaps this is the one which shows up as ID?

I will say that when I look at my personal details (comes as a long list) I only see T2.

Something weird going on.

@Administrator I am happy to do some testing to track this down.

Edit: just changed it to the first T2 in the list. After someone reports back I will change it to the second T2 in the list.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How is it looking now?
Should show "in remission".

I did note (being back on a PC with a big display) that the first three options were:
T1
T2
T2

I was the second of the T2 options (no apparent difference between them) so perhaps this is the one which shows up as ID?

I will say that when I look at my personal details (comes as a long list) I only see T2.

Something weird going on.

@Administrator I am happy to do some testing to track this down.

Edit: just changed it to the first T2 in the list. After someone reports back I will change it to the second T2 in the list.
Now showing as Type 2
- pure and simple.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reactions: Ultramum

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am seeing Type 2 - well known member. @zand, does your history need refreshing?
Just done that. I see what you see when I am not logged in, but when I log in I still see the insulin dependent bit. What else am I doing wrong?

S

serenity648

Just done that. I see what you see when I am not logged in, but when I log in I still see the insulin dependent bit. What else am I doing wrong?
on the forum, or life in general lololol

dunno. I have exhausted my technical knowledge ; )

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I think I have demonstrated that the list for type of diabetes has two entries, both labelled T2.
The first one is T2, the second one is T2 insulin dependant.
@Administrator this is a bug, not a feature!

There also seems to be different behaviour when logged in and logged out.
I will investigate further.

Reactions: zand

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I have demonstrated that the list for type of diabetes has two entries, both labelled T2.
The first one is T2, the second one is T2 insulin dependant.
@Administrator this is a bug, not a feature!

There also seems to be different behaviour when logged in and logged out.
I will investigate further.

It is a bug of some sort because some of us don't see the "insulin dependent" bit whilst other do see it. I have never seen it at all when others have been complaining about it. I am not alone in this. @CaptainWard @Giverny and @Administrator have been tagged dozens of times and so far no reply.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pretty sure the divide between who sees what depends on whether you're using a computer (I see the insulin dependent thingy) and other devices (seem to see just Type 2). @Administrator, @Giverny

Last edited:

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pretty sure the divide between who sees what depends on whether you're using a computer (I see the insulin dependent thingy) and other devices (seem to see just Type 2). @Administrator, @Giverny
I am on Win10 laptop, and I saw the OP change status fro ID to non ID, so it did differ at my end.