Confused

Bennett1211

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a few months ago.
All was going as well as could be expected up until 2 weeks ago.
I have been carb counting and found that 1:10 has been suitable for me.
However over the last couple of weeks I have been having around 3 hypos a day, almost after every meal.
I done the obvious thing and started reducing the rapid insulin I am having before meals.
I have he same breakfast everyday,
I used to have 6 units to cover it and that always kept my sugars in line,
Now I only need 2 units to cover this and still sometimes find I go low.
I haven't changed any of my daily routines, so no added exercise that could be contributing.

I am going in to see the diabetes team next week so I will ask them aswell then,

Anyone got any ideas?
I am hoping my pancreas has came back from its holidays and I don't have to constantly check sugar levels and inject..
(Wishful thinking I know).

Any suggestions are welcome.
Thank you

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am hoping my pancreas has came back from its holidays and I don't have to constantly check sugar levels and inject..

In part this may be true but not to the extent you/we all wish for! As you've been injecting insulin your pancreas has had a bit of a holiday/rest, and may be now able to produce some of your own insulin, it's all part and parcel of the honeymoon period, it could carry on like this for months (even years) or it could cough it's last cough of insulin tomorrow............

Bennett1211

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ah okay that makes sense.
As long as it makes up its mind what it is doing one way or the other.
It's just making things very difficult at the moment. Lol.
Diabetes is such a wonderful thing....

Reactions: ziggy_w

JamesC1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As Slip said, your pancreas may have been kicked into producing a bit more insulin than normal. If it were me then I'd probably keep adjusting the insulin you're working with. I'd speak to your team before doing any massive changes, though.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The honeymoon period is a pain in the 4r$3.................fortunately I didn't have one, or maybe I just wasn't switched on enough to notice! Keep testing and keep quick acting glucose easy to hand.