feeling nervous

rkeane

Hi,
Was diagnosed 2 yrs ago and all seems to be going well. However 2 months ago I came off the pill. Again, everything was going well until last weekend really. Began feeling nervous, with a nervous feeling in my stomach and my arms seem quite tired. I have no reason to think that something should be wrong or I have nothing to be nervous or anxious about either. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this feeling or am I possibly cracking up!!

joelcam

Hi,

I would see your GP. Chances are its's nothing to do with being a diabetic but more to do with the inbalance of hormones due to coming off the pill. It could be that this is expected for a while when you come off the pill?

Obviously only my opinion's but if you think you might have a problem then definietly speak to your GP.

JC

sugar2

urrrrm, could you be pregnant? Don't listen to anyone who says that diabetics have trouble conceiving...some do, but some don't.

Otherwise, get a MOT from you GP, blood pressure etc to check all is well. Probably nothing, but worth checking?

rkeane

Thanks for replies guys. I'm definitely not pregnant but the nervous feeling is still there. My levels have gone a bit all over th place so am gonna just keep an eye on it for a wee while longer.I just find it a bit odd that after 2 months of coming off the pill my body is only feeling weird now. I suppose I thought it would happen immediately. Obviously not? Thanks again

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Hi ya, are you sure the 'nerves' aren't hypo symptoms? Probably not, but about 12 years ago I went through a stage where I felt repeatedly 'odd' for a few weeks and then suffered from what I thought were panic attacks, couldn't think and felt really flappy and nervous, eventually, after a midnight run to A&E, I was diagnosed with a hypo!! seems mad now, didn't check my BG at the time of the 'panic attacks' but I thought I would get my usual symptoms for hypo's, sweats, hunger etc but Doc said it was hypo, DN agreed and Hba1c verified I had been lower than I should have been for a few months. Stranger things have happened! Hope you manage to sort it :D