Can't get blood sugars down

Carterbpool

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey

I've had high readings the last week 15,17,21 last night 22 couldn't sleep at all feeling really tired thirsty and sweaty. I'm on novomix 30 with tablets take 2000 met a day. Got blood down to 14 this afternoon then fell asleep now back up to 18 and I feel **** sweaty and really tired got the runs too? I don't know what to do to feel better! I can't check my keytones as have no keytone sticks...I hate bothering doctors etc especially as my readings aren't high high if that makes sense? Should i be worried never felt so floored

D

Deleted Account

Sounds to me as if you are ill and stressed which is causing your BG to rise.

When I feel like that, I need more insulin to bring me back down.
I have no experience of NovoMix so difficult to advise but to give you an idea - when my BG is above 15, I typically need twice as much NovoRapid (Bolus). And when I am ill, I need to take about 20% extra basal.
Then, I keep a close eye on my BG (to add to my illness, I give myself bruised fingers ... but it's worth it) and take additional corrective doses if I stay high.

I hope you get over your runs soon and start to see your BG returning to normal.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey

I've had high readings the last week 15,17,21 last night 22 couldn't sleep at all feeling really tired thirsty and sweaty. I'm on novomix 30 with tablets take 2000 met a day. Got blood down to 14 this afternoon then fell asleep now back up to 18 and I feel **** sweaty and really tired got the runs too? I don't know what to do to feel better! I can't check my keytones as have no keytone sticks...I hate bothering doctors etc especially as my readings aren't high high if that makes sense? Should i be worried never felt so floored

Do you have any fast acting insulin eg Novorapid, to use as a correction dose?

If you're feeling that ill, I'd give your doctor or 111 a call and get some advice. If you have a tummy upset, it can really mess with your blood sugar.

Carterbpool

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No I just used novomix, just so tired and no energy at all x thanks for your advice

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No I just used novomix, just so tired and no energy at all x thanks for your advice

I'd definitely get some medical advice @Carterbpool especially as you have no way to test for ketones.

Don't be afraid of bothering them. That's what they're there for in situations like this.