almond breath smell

Dollyrocker

thought the scented breath thing was caused by high blood sugar not low, I know I had it pre diagnosis and that would make sense with your readings

Lemonie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I read and run but I was going to say have you upset someone cause arsenic smells of almonds. See bet you're glad I never posted the first time as completely no help :mrgreen:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Nearly right lemonie !
Almond smelling breath indicates Cyanide poisoning ! If I had seen this post I would have answered in the same way as yourself. I would have also advised the OP to seek immediate medical attention !

Can I just point out to the OP that everybody here is just a Diabetic and not medical professionals. There are no paid monitors, we are just volunteers who give our time and advice freely. We also have time off from this forum and sometimes people choose not to answer posts for various reasons, not because they don't care. Please be patient when you ask a question.

Rivig

cugila said:
Nearly right lemonie !
Almond smelling breath indicates Cyanide poisoning ! If I had seen this post I would have answered in the same way as yourself. I would have also advised the OP to seek immediate medical attention !

Can I just point out to the OP that everybody here is just a Diabetic and not medical professionals. There are no paid monitors, we are just volunteers who give our time and advice freely. We also have time off from this forum and sometimes people choose not to answer posts for various reasons, not because they don't care. Please be patient when you ask a question.

Yep swot i always thought Almonds = Cyanide :shock:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Almonds, definitely cyanide.[or perhaps not]
As a student, i caused the evacuation of the chemistry department, by reporting I could smell almonds. Turned out to be another compound some idiot had poured down the sink. Still it was all good fun
Hana

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dollyrocker said:
thought the scented breath thing was caused by high blood sugar not low, I know I had it pre diagnosis and that would make sense with your readings
Dollyrockers right, it could be ketones (normally people call it a peardrop smell but....)
12.7 is relatively high and some people may get them at this level. Keep an eye on those levels and speak to your doctor (particularly if they are consistently at this level or above)

TopCat_999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
rogervansteeden said:
Ive got almond smelling breath i am aware that this is because of low blood sugar but mine is 12.8 im now confused by this?

I think you mean 'pearsdrops' not almonds. if its ketones they smell of 'pearsdrops' or 'nail varnish remover' :)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Let's hope so - otherwise its not good for somebody. Until the OP posts again we just can only guess !

rogervansteeden

Well its 6.45 pm and my blood sugar is 12.8 when i have seen my Doctor he doesnt seem all that bothered so long as my hb1ac is below 10. Later this evening it will be 15 + it always is.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
rogervansteeden said:
Well its 6.45 pm and my blood sugar is 12.8 when i have seen my Doctor he doesnt seem all that bothered so long as my hb1ac is below 10. Later this evening it will be 15 + it always is.

If your Dr isn't bothered about your high Bg levels I think I would be inclined to find a more Diabetic 'savvy' GP ! It appears that so far you have been given atrocious advice.

I notice you have been around the Forum since 2008. Are youi following any sort of diet to help control your Bg levels ?

rogervansteeden

No i dont follow any diets and eat everything i shouldnt so i cant complain really as i dont care about my life as i am very depressed about life and have been since 2003.As i said earlier my Bg is 15.3 at 23.45.

anniep

Hi

Having high BG or being all over the place can make you feel rough and depressed, so if you are feeling depressed anyway the high bg may be adding to your problems, or the two things may be working together to make you feel even worse.

I know when you are depressed, that everything is hard work and too much effort to think about but If you can work at lowering your BG and getting some control in your life there, then it may help your depression and your general feeling of yukkiness.

anniexx