Type 2 Contour Next test strips

jhncookie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My chemist has told me he is finding it hard to get my Contour Next test strips! He explained it was a manufacturing problem.
Has anyone else had this problem?
He said he will contact me when they are in to complete my prescription.

D

Deleted member 308541

Has anyone else had this problem?
My pharmacy has had problems getting Abbot Freestyle Lite strips, normally gets the stock within a week.

I always have a small stockpile of two boxes of 100 strips at home so I do not worry about it.

Reactions: jhncookie

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No. I have 2 boxes a month on prescription and so far haven't experienced any delays or problems.

rochari

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had this exact reason given to me regularly by Boots for different diabetic supplies. Once they even told me my insulin wasn't available to them because of a manufacturing fault. Always I'd come home and phone the company who made the item and each and every time they said they had plenty of stock and what I'd been told was wrong. They in turn would contact Boots and, hey presto, usually by the next day my stuff was ready. The pharmacy always said they only repeated what their suppliers told them. It's for that reason I stopped using them and found a small independent chemist who has never had a problem getting supplies for me. If I were you I'd phone Bayer and check with them if there is a problem with supply of the strips. Bill