2 completely different readings im starting to miss trust my first reading
any advice welcome thanks dave

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How completely different are they? When I get an unexpected reading I test a second time and can get 0.1 to 0.6 diff from the same blood same finger are you getting more diff than that? Also what kind of levels are you getting?

emmawhit32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullying if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything!
hi all i just wanted to ask i now have
the code free monitor and ive been checking my bloods regularly what
i would like to ask as its frustrating me
is how can u get 2 different readings
from the same monitor same finger
same blood some times i can do 2 readings one after the other and get
2 completely different readings im starting to miss trust my first reading
any advice welcome thanks dave

I know it sounds silly but always make sure you wash your hands first ,I checked mine the other day and got a reading of 15 and thought that can’t be right so washed my hands and tried again and they were 6.2 silly me!! Must have had some some food residue on my hands! :)

Reactions: david0779

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
i must admit i hadn't washed my hands first and the reading went down after i did but i did another after that one 3 readings in total all different i must have sugar fingers

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
We Can Put a man on the Moon ....make bigger and bigger BOMBS ETC ..... communicate via Email/Internet in minutes But We cant measure blood sugar accurately with a personal monitor ??? I know that there are other factors which cause the readings to differ e.g. dry hands washing etc. but we are entitled to think that when we get our part right the reading will also be correct .
Having said the above I also know that there could be a biological reason. My advice Only test as instructed by your Doctor /Nurse Trust Your Machine { there will be test kits for accuracy.) Don't put yourself under unneeded stress this itself can cause blood sugar spikes. If you still doubt your machine ask your doctor

Gabrielle_Tai

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi hi, most home monitor have an error rate of 20% or less ( but i read there is case some meter have more than 20%) so let said your real reading is 10 the same meter may show 8 or 12 (8-12) range. Just take the average.

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
thanks guys think as long as i wash hands and use new lancet
im just going to take first reading as the one unless its ridiculously high they usually are 1 or 2 mmol ever way so just stuck to my diet and wash hands need a good low carb diet that as easy every day meals no fancy menus with cabages leave and nuts