Beetroot!!! Be warned;-)))

StephenFromScotland

While hurting my back last week and being loaded with the flu,my poor wife and I swapped roles,I stayed at home to look after baby and my wife took on my job delivering heavy fruit and vegetables to restaurants and nursing homes and working in our shop.

So, in a struggle I hobbled into the kitchen and made her lots of lovely veg and meatloaf for her coming home.
Anyway,She absolutly loves pickled beetroot and which I happened to have a great big bunch of the fresh stuff I had brought home in the cupboard, so I thought I would have a go at making my very own and gently boiled it in balsamic vinegar (probably a bit too much);-)

Anyway it all was a success and tasted delicious and so I put it in a bowl in the fridge.

When she came home,table was all set and baby was fed and full of giggles:D.
After we had eaten I said to her "oh i forgot the beetroot!" what? she said, so i went to the fridge and brought it out.
She ate a good bit admitting it was very nice, trouble is i enjoyed it that much too,in no time it was finished by greedy guts me.
Enjoying it so much I took a mouthfull of the balsamic vinegar that it had been boiled in (probably not a good idea for my blood i know) but anyway enjoyed it nevertheless.

An hour later I needed to go to the bathroom for a pee,OMG!
You can imagine the colour of it!!! Blackish red! I thought for a split second i was peeing my guts out and then it all came to me about the beetroot:D
I was not expecting that!

Kimbers.21

lol - poor u, will teach u not to eat so much beetroot tho lol (or maybe not) lol

Aidy xx

...you dont even know how very special you are...

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Can you imaging taking a sample of that to the diabetic clinic? :D :D

Buachaille

Dislikes
Blondes with small...................................
Don't peel the beetroots, just boil in water for 15 minutes or so. Once cool, remove skin, slice and bottle, covering with a malted pickling vinegar. At least that way only your fingers will have a colouring problem which is easily removed with soap. You can also try peeling it when hot and eating straight away with a little sour cream or fromaage fraiche. Better than the pickled versions.

StephenFromScotland

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Buachaille</i>
<br />Don't peel the beetroots, just boil in water for 15 minutes or so. Once cool, remove skin, slice and bottle, covering with a malted pickling vinegar. At least that way only your fingers will have a colouring problem which is easily removed with soap. You can also try peeling it when hot and eating straight away with a little sour cream or fromaage fraiche. Better than the pickled versions.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

AH! Thats where I went wrong! And I sell the things:oops::oops::oops:
Oh! With fromage frais? Im hungry:)
Thanks for the advice! I will try that asap;)
YUM!