Diet only - think this is changing

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
QUOTE="pollensa, post: 1660207, member: 406242"]Hello, I notice you had 2 slices of toast, carbs FOR BREAKFAST, THEN YOUR INDICATE HAVING Carbs again for lunch, CARBS ARE A No No for diabetics, bread, potatoes, pasta and rice are all off limits by that I have not eaten them for 11 months, yes I may eat carbs but they do not include these items, so I am not surprised that your levels are going up, YOUR PUTTING SUGAR INTO YOUR BODY, BREAFAST AND LUNCH.

Eat avocado eggs with sunflower seed breads for breakfast, eat a healthy crunch raw food salad with tuna or chicken for lunch NO BREAD, again eat seed crackers.....then check your levels. Good Luck.

Think about this!?

It is quite rude to shout which is indicated by your use of capital letters. The OP has Coeliac disease so is more limited to what foods she can eat as they have to be gluten free so can mean eating things that may be more carbs than you would have

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Yes, this is why I’m struggling, because I absolutely have to eat gluten free. Coeliac disease is an auto immune disease which does serious damage to the gut if you eat gluten, and it’s very dangerous to eat gluten if you have it, so it’s a little. Ore than a gluten intolerance. I also cannot eat dairy products due to food intolerances which actually led to my Coeliac disease diagnosis. It’s quite hard finding foods that fill me up as it goes through the digestive tract quickly.

I’ve been to my GP’s surgery to see a doctor and I have had a few bloods taken including bringing forward my Hba1c, so I’ll have to see what this turns up. Thank you.

You are obviously very worried, and stress will push your numbers up even more! If you don't eat grains at all - as I have not for over three years, you will not have to worry about gluten... I make all my 'bread', crackers, cakes, biscuits, puddings, etc... all with nut and seed flours... no grains, ever... I control my BG tightly this way... The low-carb-high, or medium-fat way of eating is naturally friendly to coeliacs... If I ate what you did my lovely numbers would be the same as yours I think... :) If you follow the low-carb thread on this site you will see what everyone eats - recipes and advice from all the clever, knowledgeable members from all over the world! Try not to worry too much... good luck...

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey Fizzy1408 - I can completely relate to your GI issues as I am extremely sensitive to carbs though not coeliac. People have given you some good suggestions here, but if you are like me, nuts and some seeds are killers for the gut - I have severe IBSD - and they aren't worth it!! But, by trial and error, you will find what works. I did find that when I got rid of all grains - and I mean all grains - my symptoms have subsided a bit.....But, you probably find like me that one thing is ok one day and not another....very frustrating! There are some great IBS sites out there that might be helpful too....also FODMAP foods really needed to be heeded, if you are familiar with that. Has made a huge difference for me in symptom control. Just search Google and though it takes extra time and planning, it is worth it and you will feel better and more in control. Blessings/L