What book for lchf?

sarahm723

Type of diabetes
Type 1
On way to Easton’s ... what book should I get ?
I’m type 1 and want to do lchf .. thanks
Something easy to understand and foods and stuff I don’t like reading books

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd second diet doctor .. it has a huge amount of free info and even more if you sign up but it isn't necessary to do so.
Loads of meal plans recipes and good ideas about low carbing and keto.

Reactions: sarahm723

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Diet Dr for me.... that will lead you to youtube videos by most of the personalities mentioned... happy hunting

sarahm723

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks everyone just aswell because there was nothing to pick from for me... they were all depression and anxiety books .. thanks

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From Amazon:
  • Volek and Phinney: The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living (for general info on low carbing, not specifically diabetes related)
  • Richard K. Bernstein: Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars (for inspiration from a type 1 diabetic)
Robbity

Kirbster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I also second Diet Doctor, it's a fab website and a great resource. I also liked Richard Bernstein's book, but found this one to be a little easier to digest:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/194372105X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Ketogenic Diet for Type 1 Diabetes: Reduce Your HbA1c and Avoid Diabetic Complications by Ellen Davis and Keith Runyan.
I’ve just finished reading that one, it not nearly so heavy going. On to Think like a Pancreas next!