Morning readings

Lovespud198

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi been diagnosed prediabetic since December,in that time mostly my only abnormal bg readings have been my fasting, generally high 6s,today an 8.0. Have been following lchf diet but the morning readings never go down. Had a few hiccups with the diet but better than I was. Question is with this dawn phenomenon being all the time should I be concerned it's actually turned into proper diabetes? Is this something I should mention at doctors? My original bloods were hba1c 46 and fasting blood glucose 6.1 but I didn't eat a lot from 5pm the night before test as tired and went to bed and always wondered if in reality should have been a higher reading?

Reactions: Kevin259

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
No, it's an average and takes mornings into account.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi been diagnosed prediabetic since December,in that time mostly my only abnormal bg readings have been my fasting, generally high 6s,today an 8.0. Have been following lchf diet but the morning readings never go down. Had a few hiccups with the diet but better than I was. Question is with this dawn phenomenon being all the time should I be concerned it's actually turned into proper diabetes? Is this something I should mention at doctors? My original bloods were hba1c 46 and fasting blood glucose 6.1 but I didn't eat a lot from 5pm the night before test as tired and went to bed and always wondered if in reality should have been a higher reading?
Just to let you know I am the same. Also diagnosed Dec last HBA1c 53 now 41. However the morning readings are just frustrating right up to lunchtime. I have been advised they will come into line in time. I cant wait!

Lovespud198

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Were you diagnosed diabetic or prediabetic with that reading? I am just short of the official hba1c for diabetes so fell into prediabetic range.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Were you diagnosed diabetic or prediabetic with that reading? I am just short of the official hba1c for diabetes so fell into prediabetic range.
Diabetic but reading on the forum and following lchf I am pleased to now (barely) be outside prediabetic parameters.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No, I don't think high fasting levels alone will make you diabetic. It took me about 6 months to get mine down so it is still early days yet.

With consistent low carb eating my fasting levels will slowly reduce but stress, illness, poor sleep and the wrong foods will increase levels.

Lovespud198

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
No, I don't think high fasting levels alone will make you diabetic. It took me about 6 months to get mine down so it is still early days yet.

With consistent low carb eating my fasting levels will slowly reduce but stress, illness, poor sleep and the wrong foods will increase levels.
Thanks it just doesn't seem to be going down but haven't been doing it long with less carbs.

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
A 75g of glucose load after a night of fasting. After two hours, if the blood glucose level is 11.0 or above, the patient is diabetic. If above 7.8 and below 11.0, is pre diabetic.

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A 75g of glucose load after a night of fasting. After two hours, if the blood glucose level is 11.0 or above, the patient is diabetic. If above 7.8 and below 11.0, is pre diabetic.

And if the BG at the start is over 7.0, patient is diabetic. Here in Czech rep. the OGTT is cancelled - as 75g of glucose for patients with BG over 7 at the start is hazard with their health.

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
And if the BG at the start is over 7.0, patient is diabetic. Here in Czech rep. the OGTT is cancelled - as 75g of glucose for patients with BG over 7 at the start is hazard with their health.

You mean in Czech Rep, they dun perform glucose tolerance test? To me that is a test that is hard to escape detection. For fasting reading, one may be able to pass by limiting their extent of carb intake.

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If the BG at the start is under 7, the OGTT continues... You cannot escape... Cancelled is only if random check of BG before is over 11.

Happyhomelands

Just to let you know I am the same. Also diagnosed Dec last HBA1c 53 now 41. However the morning readings are just frustrating right up to lunchtime. I have been advised they will come into line in time. I cant wait!
We seem to be following the same numbers. I also had a similar Hba1c of 55 in December and have dropped to 41. I'm also not seeing my fbg dropping. I've been sticking to moderate low carbs and lost 1.5 stone but weight loss has slowed to a trickle too.