licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
i usually drink water
but lately ive been having tesco cherries and berries no added sugar, tested with my meter and it came back Lo
vimto zero 1.9
im happy to drink these

Reactions: Goacher55

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There are definitely more drinks with very low carb content on the market - I got quite a haul when I decided to go looking along the previously unvisited aisle in Lidl, both squash and fizzy stuff in plenty.

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
There are definitely more drinks with very low carb content on the market - I got quite a haul when I decided to go looking along the previously unvisited aisle in Lidl, both squash and fizzy stuff in plenty.
im quite fussy but love the cherries and berries and the vimto is a rare treat as not a big fizzy drinker

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have found that I need to add a splash of cider vinegar to tone down the sweetness of some drinks these days - I tried it more in hope than expectation, but it does make a difference.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the problem is still that it is too acidic and damage one's teeth, I just thought I could drink sugarfree fuzzy-drinks in abundance and my dentist declared to me that I have servere acid damage on my teeth now, only from the first 3 month of drinking sugarfree drinks...

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Tesco's double concentrated lemon cordial with fizzy water is brilliant and their low cal tonic to go with their gin

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I have found that I need to add a splash of cider vinegar to tone down the sweetness of some drinks these days - I tried it more in hope than expectation, but it does make a difference.

I just add a load of CIDER (forget the vinegar) it helps in all sorts of ways apart from blood glucose :D

Reactions: Runica

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I just add a load of CIDER (forget the vinegar) it helps in all sorts of ways apart from blood glucose :D
That is soooooooooooooooooo cruel when I've got a load of Norcotts cider that I've had since before the bad T1 and am wondering how I can snaffle some without BG noticing.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
That is soooooooooooooooooo cruel when I've got a load of Norcotts cider that I've had since before the bad T1 and am wondering how I can snaffle some without BG noticing.

BG doesn't miss a thing does it???? :)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
the problem is still that it is too acidic and damage one's teeth, I just thought I could drink sugarfree fuzzy-drinks in abundance and my dentist declared to me that I have servere acid damage on my teeth now, only from the first 3 month of drinking sugarfree drinks...
Ah - but I don't drink them in abundance - I have perhaps two drinks a week, and not large ones.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I find cider too sweet - that is the problem, everything is over sweetened or too sweet to start off with.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Use a straw to drink with,that will avoid the teeth : )