Type 1 Toujeo AM BGs increase

B583

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MARMITE!!
For a while now I've noticed my BGs go up, even when fasting (skipping bfast), though by increasing my dosage of Toujeo (TJ) at night, I go hypo. I used to increase dosage this way before, as it lasts for more than 24hrs & injecting at 2200hrs, shouldn't it go through til the following evening & beyond?!! When I have bfast & inject with Humalog (H) for that, my sugars are fine for the day however, without bfast & insulin (H) they can rocket up high depending on what i'm doing in the mornings. I've thought of just giving a small amount of H in the morning to see whether this helps, but being scared of hypos?? Changing times of injecting TJ won't help much either, I don't think?

Any suggestions would help with this occasion. Being Diabetic for over 20yrs & taking TJ for about 6yrs now, I know quite a lot of stuff, just not this!!!
Thanks

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
For a while now I've noticed my BGs go up, even when fasting (skipping bfast), though by increasing my dosage of Toujeo (TJ) at night, I go hypo. I used to increase dosage this way before, as it lasts for more than 24hrs & injecting at 2200hrs, shouldn't it go through til the following evening & beyond?!! When I have bfast & inject with Humalog (H) for that, my sugars are fine for the day however, without bfast & insulin (H) they can rocket up high depending on what i'm doing in the mornings. I've thought of just giving a small amount of H in the morning to see whether this helps, but being scared of hypos?? Changing times of injecting TJ won't help much either, I don't think?

Any suggestions would help with this occasion. Being Diabetic for over 20yrs & taking TJ for about 6yrs now, I know quite a lot of stuff, just not this!!!
Thanks
Ditto.

Ive put it down to I'm more insulin resistant on a morning but I think my fatty liver isn't helping by dumping glucose very very frequently when not eating.
It always has been over helpful, my liver.

Toujeo300 I'm finding is influenced by my monthlies too. Humulin M3 wasn't so obvious at that.

I used novarapid for moping up meals and liver glucose.
What other choice do I have I'm taking 93units of Toujeo300 at present? I want it reduced.... dramatically but only once I lose more weight will that happen.
I'm very overweight.

If your not, persevere with humulin mopping up til you see your dn next?
Youre right to be cautious increasing insulin and risking hypos.

Actually.... Have you done a basal test recently?

B583

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MARMITE!!
Ditto.

Actually.... Have you done a basal test recently?
Just yday morning I was 9.9mmol/m in morn then by lunch I shot up to 24.6mmol/l (after exercise) but wasn't expecting that huge jump!! That's why I ask whether it would work to basal a little even when not having bfast.
Having recently lost 20kg (3st) in weight I've had to reduce TJ from 18 to just 8 now!! So proud of myself for that alone!!