Massive Headaches

speedboy21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

I am suffering for the last few weeks with headaches. Today is horrible making me feel ill and feeling woozy. It mainly in my right eye area going in to my neck. Is this diabetes related? Is it something to worry about? Thanks for any help.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You need to make an appointment with a doctor.. It sounds very unpleasant and needs sorting. It could be anything.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
It sounds like a migraine, but as others have said it needs to be seen by your GP.

StuB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve been having migraines for a while, diagnosed this week with diabetes 2, and each afternoon since taking medication I am getting headaches and dizziness - is this normal? Also been given tablets for cholesterol this week too.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree that you should see your GP.
I will add that Metformin gave me horrible headaches

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve been having migraines for a while, diagnosed this week with diabetes 2, and each afternoon since taking medication I am getting headaches and dizziness - is this normal? Also been given tablets for cholesterol this week too.

According to another thread where you reported the HbA1c of 104 you had recently, your blood sugars are extremely high. These may well be be contributing to your headaches.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

StuB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
According to another thread where you reported the HbA1c of 104 you had recently, your blood sugars are extremely high. These may well be be contributing to your headaches.
Thanks for the reply, I seriously need to get my bloods down. I have started carrying paracetamols with me, but they don’t really do much.