Recall on lancets

Sanjhussain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, this is the first time I am raising and posting.
I seen an article in the newspaper yesterday stating there’s been a recall on certain lancets. Their saying that they need to be returned to the pharmacy and they will give you back some more in return. The article was in the the daily mail. This is the article link where you can check the batch numbers.
The article is dated 18/05/18 MHRA said the over-the-counter products affected are Accu-Chek Aviva in packs of 50 strips with lot numbers 497392, 497391, 496915, 496809, 496802 and 496807, and 10 strips with lot numbers 497344 and 497392.
Accu-Chek Performa in packs of 10 strips with lot numbers 476597 and 476646 are also included in the recall.

Reactions: flexi06

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its not lancets, it's test strips, they have been recalling for over a week now and it has been very well publicised in this time x

Reactions: flexi06

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to the forum @Sanjhussain , thank you for pointing out the recall. As @kaylz91 has pointed out this recall is strips not lancets. Would you be able to edit the title of this thread or one of the moderators can do it, so as not to mislead people. Please shout out if you’d like us to do it for you.

Edit, new moderator here, still learning, I’ve just found out that members can’t edit their own titles so @Sanjhussain please let us know if you want one of us to change it for you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Edit, new moderator here, still learning, I’ve just found out that members can’t edit their own titles so @Sanjhussain please let us know if you want one of us to change it for you.
After a number of posts you can edit the titles of your own threads @Rachox.

Edit: It's in the link called Thread Tools, next to Watch Thread link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After a number of posts you can edit the titles of your own threads @Rachox.

I was instructed by another mod that it’s not now possible. As this is Sanjhussain’s first post I guess in either instance she won’t be able to edit it? Unfortunately she doesn’t appear to have been back since posting though :(

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
02 and 496807, and 10 strips with lot numbers 497344 and 497392.
Accu-Chek Performa in packs of 10 strips with lot numbers 476597 and 476646 are also included in the recall.[/QUOTE]

Hi @Sanjhussain - It's the test strips themselves as opposed to the lancets that a
Oh yes. I’ll go and tell said mod off! ;)

I'm doing my remedial lines now. :sorry: