Feeling sorry for myself

S

Shar67

The last 48 hours have been miserable. I'm in such pain and opiates not touching it, counting down hours to get next dose, mixed in with paracetamol.
How can something so bloody small cause so much grief,.
**** you pancreas, if you don't want to work that's ok but there is no need to be so dramatic. That goes for you as well scumbag brain, you could be doing something more positive to help, no just oh I know what I can do I'll make her post on forum, not here have some endorphines.

Reactions: Smartypants79

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am sorry to hear you are in such discomfort.I don't know too much about 3c so don't want to put my foot in it.I used to have back pain and was advised to try relaxation techniques.Basically concentrate hard on relaxing different parts of the body starting with the top of your head and working down slowly ie forehead, cheeks,jaw, neck etc.Takes a while to work down to your toes!!
Took some practice,but gave a little relief,all about deep breathing and trying mind over matter.
I don't know how uncomfortable you are, so don't want to come across as daft.

Best

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi @Shar67
Like @Redsnapper I don't know much about 3c but just wanted to support your brains decision to post on here. For pain relief I like to lay down focus for a short period on the area of the pain and instruct my body to take care of it and assume it will then focus on my breathing, meditate or think of my favourite things and if the pain interupts remind my body to take care of it and resume my thoughts. Sounds lame but it works for me.

I really hope you get some relief

Reactions: 6 people

sean1964

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Shar.
You know it will end, and you'll be happy again.
Thoughts with you until then.

Do you use Oramorph?

I found various relaxation techniques great for low level pain and as an aid. No use at all for my pancreas pain, which is way too strong.
A friend of a friend described her pain (one acute episode 7 yrs ago, teetotal, low fat etc now) as about the same as childbirth but longer.

Good luck Shar. "Normal" (lol) soon!

Sean

Reactions: 2 people
S

Shar67

Thank you for your kind replies, pain stopped at about 9.30am, though I had a bad headache probably due to lack of sleep and drug hang over.
I take buprenorphine, for real bad (last night) oramorph for bad, plus daily maximum dose of paracetamol. I also use a heat pad
Unfortunately nothing was doing any good, I hate going to A&E, so I usually wait it out, it was pretty close last night, coming on to forum, is a form of distraction, I did pretty well normally spelling and words are a jumble, scumbag brain was obviously working over time.

I am teetotal and had been for 14 years before panc problem, was never much of a drinker, so not having any was no biggy. My parents didn't drink much but they also never held it as a forbidden fruit, we would be given lemonade and a dash of wine, or the boys had a shandy if and when my parents did drink.
They held some fabulous parties where enjoyment didn't need alcohol.
My TBPI (time before panc issue) there was lots of food I couldn't eat, very basic, bland low fat diet and had been for a couple of years. I have other health problems that may or not have caused panc to digest itself, like chicken and egg which came 1st (the rooster, nudge, nudge wink wink).

Child birth was a walk in the park compared to panc pain, you at least have short periods of relief, panc pain doesn't stop, not for a minute, 1st time it lasted a day, I was given Botox injections in tummy and intestines to smooth muscles (it was like a slow enema)
The 2nd time I was in constant pain for just under a month, I was in ICU, couldn't sleep, they drugged me up well good, no food or drink, everything was via IV, I came out hospital 2 stone heavier, as fluid wasn't going anywhere, couldn't walk, was vomitting everyday, soon discovered, lots of my bland food irritated system, so was veggie stock and scrambled egg with out milk or butter was the only thing I ate for over a year, did I loose weight no only the excess fluid.

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
With the two bouts of acute pancreatitis I had, morphine was the only friend. I liked it too much though, as I did with Tramadol Hydrochloride.

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Opiate based painkillers were the only gig in town that actually delivered.

bigbothy

I feel for you, I have chronic pancreatitis and now diabetes. Here in Germany we have Novaminsulfon (banned in uk) for mild pain and Tilidin (opiate) for bad attacks, any worse and its off to hospital for morphine!

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel for you, I have chronic pancreatitis and now diabetes. Here in Germany we have Novaminsulfon (banned in uk) for mild pain and Tilidin (opiate) for bad attacks, any worse and its off to hospital for morphine!
Just so as you know this is a 3 year old thread (see at the very end of each post for age of the post) so you’re unlikely to get any replies from the posters above.

Welcome by the way.