Back pain

paul simon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I have type 1 since February 1st. I woke up this morning with terrible back pains in the lower back, I did suffer with this pre diabetes on and off, I tried ringing the diabetes team but to no avail, im just wondering am I restricted to what I can take now? This is the first time I have being in serious pain since February,

JaneC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No you aren’t restricted, take whatever you'd have taken pre type 1 diagnosis. I get back pain occasionally and haven't found a problem with any over the counter medication (or prescribed for that matter).

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Hi all, I have type 1 since February 1st. I woke up this morning with terrible back pains in the lower back, I did suffer with this pre diabetes on and off, I tried ringing the diabetes team but to no avail, im just wondering am I restricted to what I can take now? This is the first time I have being in serious pain since February,
It's probably just a pulled muscle, but I think you should pop to the doctor just in case. Problems with the kidneys can cause back pain.

Draco16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If you use Dexcom G4 or G5 be aware that paracetamol can lead to incorrect high readings and so is advised against.

Just reading up on the upcoming G6 and it seems it will not be affected.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
It's probably just a pulled muscle, but I think you should pop to the doctor just in case. Problems with the kidneys can cause back pain.
Totally agree. If there is a problem with the kidneys it is unwise to take Ibuprofen.